Sign in to follow this  
Orillian

USB Headset gone crazy!!!!

Ok, I was in the middle of doing some ram timings tests today and I decided to test a setup that seemed to show some promise. I cleared up my bios stuff, saved and went into windows...on load windows plays a small sound snippet. Well to my horror the sound coming out of my USB headset was wierdly like an old atari. I thought I'd had a software glitch! BUt alas nothing I've done has helped. I even reformatted and re-installed windows and this problem is happening on a fresh install as well!

I popped the headset over to my wifes machine and it works like a charm on hers. no problems at all!

Anyone have any ideas?

NOTICE! I'm now running the Opty 170 Currently with no overclock as I'm still needing to burn it in.

O.

Installed my soundblaster A2 and it and my analog headset work great.

I'm not, SOFAR having any issues with any of the other usb devices on my machine! Anything in particular that might be causing this? Very curious I must say.

Could it have anything to do with the dual core proc? I've been a bit lazy and don't really want to swap my 3200+ back in just to see! Anyone hear of dual core systems having issues like this?

O.