Video Card or Mobo Problem

I have a problem since doing a major upgrade about 2 months ago.

My first new system was:

DFI Ultra D NF4 mobo (new)

AMD 64 Venice 3000+ (new)

Antec True Power 380 (old)

2x512mb Generic Ram (old)

Saphire x800GTO flashed to x850 (new)

WD Raptor 74gb - SATA 0 (old)

Maxtor Diamond Max 10 300GB 16mb SATA 1 (old)

The parts listed as "(new)", are the new parts I bought.

Problem:

-I get blue screens 2 out of 3 times booting in to windows

-This happens even if I'm not OC'ing

-Sometimes windows login screen will load and when I login in, it then reboots.

-once in a while when it reboots it list my my video card "Saphire x800GTO" instead of posting. I just notice this the other day after upgrading my hardware.

-The windows error says something about TCP/IP, which I think its wrong!

I thought it might be the RAM or the PSU, so I did some upgrades:

New system:

DFI LanpartyUT nF4 Ultra-D)

Opteron 146 CAB2E 0540

2x OCZ Plat rev 2 pc3200 (TCCD)

Sapphire Radeon X800GTO2

WD Raptor 74gb - SATA 0

Maxtor Diamond Max 10 300GB 16mb SATA 1

Enermax 485W Noisetaker EG495P-VE

Antec P180

I still get the same rebooting problem with my new hardware?

Is this a video card or mobo problem? Remember, Nothing is OC'd.

Any suggestions.

kaddy69

And it didn't do this before the upgrades? Have you tried replacing some parts one at a time, to figure out which component it might be?

Have you maually adjusted any timings on the memory?

When you boot the comnputer, it should show the video card model.

Do you have all 4 power connectors plugged into the board?

It has done this since I purchased the video card and ultra-D (together). I have upgraded the RAM and Power supply, but the same thing happens.

When it shows the video card, this is after a reboot. That is the only thing it shows on a black screen (the video card name). It doesn't post, just shows the video card name. I have to reset it to get it to post. This message has only shown up about 5 times of the 70+ reboots.

I'm sure I have all of the power connectors plugged in.

now my system won't power on. The fans fire up, and then just shut right off. It was off for 8 hours in a row. Cold boot? First time every being off this long! I tried reseting the CMOS the DFI way. That didn't work.

the debug led lights all flash on and the last one goes off??

I need this machine up and running :(

:( :( Anyone have any suggestions.

RMA TIME? :mad

kaddy69

Your prob is hard to help with because you've not given much info. Is your mobo mounted in a case? On a properly insulated test bench? Are you doing CPU/VC/MEM only, and if so, are you using the upper orange slot only? Have you truly done the steps laid out in the build guide, or did you skip a few to save time? Component-by-component is really the only way to solve something like this. Also, you mentioned that your video card is flashed to another version but gets reported as the old version - something fishy here. You NEED to try a different video card! Just pulling yours won't tell you much :)

Your prob is hard to help with because you've not given much info. Is your mobo mounted in a case? On a properly insulated test bench? Are you doing CPU/VC/MEM only, and if so, are you using the upper orange slot only? Have you truly done the steps laid out in the build guide, or did you skip a few to save time? Component-by-component is really the only way to solve something like this. Also, you mentioned that your video card is flashed to another version but gets reported as the old version - something fishy here. You NEED to try a different video card! Just pulling yours won't tell you much :)

Hi,

It's mounted in a case. I have tried only Cpu/vid/mem. I tired putting just one stick in the first orange slot.

I don't have another video card to test. The machine only powers on a few seconds and then it shuts off. Even if without a video card in it, it should still keep running.