How long should I run mem test?

I was thinking I had problems w/ my Crucial RAM. I recently have began getting blue screen and restarts while playing games. This might happen once or twice while playing about 4 hours of games. It flashes quickly and I'm not really able to see what its showing.

I made a post in the Crucial Thread

I have run mem test now for 15 1/2 hrs without any errors.

I just need to know how long I'll need to run mem test and know FOR SURE that it's not my RAM that is causing the restarts.

Another point: I have run this setup in Prime95 for 23 hrs without any errors there also.

Any advice?

So what would be your guess?

Are there any troubleshooting techniques I can try to pinpoint the problem?

Bottom line, I'm still getting the blue screen and restart while gaming.

Is this just something I'm going to have to deal with? Or do you think it could possible be a result of my overclock?

I've only began getting this recently.

You pay $2500 for something, you would HOPE it works correctly.

Sure did. I wouldn't think the OC is the culprit, considering it's completely stable for 23 hrs.

I'm going to reinstall the game that is giving me problems. Maybe it's on a bad part of the hard drive, or something? I really don't know at this point.

Can you pass 3dmark05? All the benchmarks you ran don't stress the graphics card at all, and since your problem is with playing games, this is an important bench to run. If it fails it could be a problem with your graphics card (are you overclocking it?), or it could be another component, thats heating up, because of the stressed graphic card.

Also, you may try using a different graphic's driver. Sometimes your card/system won't like a certain one, or sometimes a specific game won't like a certain one.

Can you pass 3dmark05? All the benchmarks you ran don't stress the graphics card at all, and since your problem is with playing games, this is an important bench to run. If it fails it could be a problem with your graphics card (are you overclocking it?), or it could be another component, thats heating up, because of the stressed graphic card.

Also, you may try using a different graphic's driver. Sometimes your card/system won't like a certain one, or sometimes a specific game won't like a certain one.

Yeah bud, take a look at my sig. It has my bench scores as well as all my settings listed.

I did OC my video card. I've run all benches at these settings.

One thing I did not think about was the drivers. Never thought about the drivers not liking certain games and such. I did recently update to the latest drivers. Is there a newer driver than what I have listed?

If not, I might revert back to the earlier drivers.

i had the same problem, memtest stable for 10 hours, prime 95 for 10 hours,

ran all the benchmarks and everthing was ok until i started playing games,crash after crash. it was the memory ,i remember reading somewhere that sometimes

it will pass every test you throw at it until you start with the games

Yeah bud, take a look at my sig. It has my bench scores as well as all my settings listed.

I did OC my video card. I've run all benches at these settings.

One thing I did not think about was the drivers. Never thought about the drivers not liking certain games and such. I did recently update to the latest drivers. Is there a newer driver than what I have listed?

If not, I might revert back to the earlier drivers.

gaming BSOD= Forceware drivers

if you didn't use Add/Remove programs (at least) to get rid of the old drivers, that would probably be causing your reboots and crashes

I highly recommend using DriverCleaner Pro and CrapCleaner in safe mode every time you change out drivers, as well as taking overclock back down to stock speeds. That really is a great preventative measure and has kept me from experiencing any driver-related problems. And at the rate of beta/tweaked ForceWare releases lately, that means I've probably been doing that almost once a week.

I've never had any problems w/ just overwriting the previous drivers.

I took your advice and downloaded DriverCleaner Pro, removed all instances of NVidia drivers in Safe Mode, and rebooted.

Reinstalled both chipset and display drivers. I'm going to give it a try now.

I'll try to play my game and see if I am still getting crashes.

I'll keep you updated.

**For future reference, what should I highlight to remove just display drivers w/ DriverCleaner Pro?

I read the readme.txt and it only gave me the step by step on what to do, and only said 'Run Driver Cleaner.'

I could save time by just removing display drivers, rather than all drivers. Because then I had to bust out my dusty DFI CD.