BSOD, driver issue or did I kill it?

Hey all I'm back for a bit of guidance/support for my system. I recently put in 2 250 GB SATA2 hardrives in place of my 2 36 GB raptors. I've been working on this machine since Tuesday night, fighting it with BSOD after BSOD. I going to run x64 as my primary OS since it ran fine previously with the raptors but not I cannot get it working. I thought it was simply a driver issue in x64 but I have run into the same problems when trying to install XP x86. I recieved a BSOD during the install while it was "installing devices"

This is the message it gave:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x889bbcd8, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8051E129)

My rig is in my signature. The only difference is the hard drives as I mentioned and the Audigy 2ZS is gone and replaced with the standard audio on the SLI-DR.

Also I should mention I tried running Prime95 last night and it froze up (the program not the computer) and I had to manually kill the process. Also 3Dmark was not working either. It ran for about 5 seconds and crashed.

I'm worried that I may have fried something when I was changing out the components. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Steve

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic