Sign in to follow this  
e to the x

BSOD, driver issue or did I kill it?

Hey all I'm back for a bit of guidance/support for my system. I recently put in 2 250 GB SATA2 hardrives in place of my 2 36 GB raptors. I've been working on this machine since Tuesday night, fighting it with BSOD after BSOD. I going to run x64 as my primary OS since it ran fine previously with the raptors but not I cannot get it working. I thought it was simply a driver issue in x64 but I have run into the same problems when trying to install XP x86. I recieved a BSOD during the install while it was "installing devices"

This is the message it gave:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A (0x889bbcd8, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8051E129)

My rig is in my signature. The only difference is the hard drives as I mentioned and the Audigy 2ZS is gone and replaced with the standard audio on the SLI-DR.

Also I should mention I tried running Prime95 last night and it froze up (the program not the computer) and I had to manually kill the process. Also 3Dmark was not working either. It ran for about 5 seconds and crashed.

I'm worried that I may have fried something when I was changing out the components. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Steve

Sorry it is on stock speeds. Shoulda mentioned that earlier. Everything was reset to BIOS defaults, reflashed the BIOS too.

Memtest next, please.

lets manually select test #5 and try to pass at least 10 passes. Test #5 and #8 are the hardest for the memory

OK i will do that over night. I just got this error too while the machine was just idling

nSvclp.exe has encoutnered a problem and needs to close...blah blah....I had a feeling it was maybe the network driver/device.