Sign in to follow this  
fvs

Slow boot on IDE + Sata

I was having same kind of problems. Try installing nF4 IDE drivers. Worked for me. Also for network prob, I solved it with uninstalling nF4 nic drivers.

With nic drives installed my comp just wasn't stable at all. Rebooted every now and then...

Hey SHaTR - that linksys is a good product, it might be that you just need new firmware or even just a power-off reset to fix the problem. The best info on the WRT54G is at this site. You'll find links there for new firmware.

i have the same problem....but i have maxtor SATA and then a samsung IDE .... the samsung is on a sole cable by itself set to master i clicked device manager first Primary IDE cable is on PIO and then the 2nd down the list of Primary IDE is set to DMA 6 and both set to DMA if possible...but i dunno why there would be more than one Primary IDE Channel when i only have infact 1 primary IDE

Hey SHaTR - that linksys is a good product, it might be that you just need new firmware or even just a power-off reset to fix the problem. The best info on the WRT54G is at this site. You'll find links there for new firmware.

When my router goes nutz i end up pulling the power to fix it. so i know that wont fix da problem, cuz it'll happen again. Also, i use latest firmware or hyperWRT and neither work.

ps. i aint a nub ;)

Hey, ive been reading some other threads, and a lot of people are saying "guarenteed cd rom problem". how many of you have ur cd rom drives on primary IDE. I think cdrom may have something to do with this.

I have my burner set to master and my IDE set to slave,It wouldnt boot whan I had the IDE set to master with my sata but that may have to do with boot order which I never checked at first.