Sign in to follow this  
newls1

What temps could a vapochill LS give to an FX57?

I have the chance of someone buying me a phase cooler, so I dont have to , My question here is are there other brands to chose from as far as buying "OFF THE INTERNET" or are the vapochill LS, and the MachIIGT's the only units that online E-tailers will have? I see more good about Vapochill units and am leaning toward a Vapochill LS, all im looking for out of it is to have a 3.3GHz+ OC (200Mhz more then what I have now) on my FX57 that will already do 3.12GHz on air. Is this a possiblity with a vapochill LS? Will I still see subzero cpu temps with maybe giving the processor 1.65+ Vcore?

Vapochill LS is the best phase change cooler around. My buddy has one and it reaches -30C's OC'ed.

I would say that it would be close, but I am fairly sure sub-zero temps would be reached, even if it is a 57 and high voltage.

Good purchase, EXTREME COOLING!

Vapochill LS is the best phase change cooler around. My buddy has one and it reaches -30C's OC'ed.

I would say that it would be close, but I am fairly sure sub-zero temps would be reached, even if it is a 57 and high voltage.

Good purchase, EXTREME COOLING!

And the best part of this is, I can get a brand new one for FREE :nod:

As for Vapochill LS,

1/ Most likely, you can apply 1.65Vcore with no problem & very good chance to get the FX57 to 3.3. Most of FX57 will hit 3.2 to 3.4 on Vapochill.

2/ About temp, when your FX57 idle, it would stay @ -35C to -20C (depend), the VapoChill LS will shows -50C to -45C, but this is the vapo head sensor temp, NOT your true core temp on the CPU where the heat generating.

But when you stress your CPU (Prime95, etc..) expect temp go up to -7C to 5C.

3/ There is no variable compressor speed on the Vapochill LS, so it just run %100 all time, therefore, you cannot adjust the vapo head temp output. A few adjustments can be controlled such as: start temp, shutdown temp, fan speeds.

Hope that help.

As for Vapochill LS,

1/ Most likely, you can apply 1.65Vcore with no problem & very good chance to get the FX57 to 3.3. Most of FX57 will hit 3.2 to 3.4 on Vapochill.

2/ About temp, when your FX57 idle, it would stay @ -35C to -20C (depend), the VapoChill LS will shows -50C to -45C, but this is the vapo head sensor temp, NOT your true core temp on the CPU where the heat generating.

But when you stress your CPU (Prime95, etc..) expect temp go up to -7C to 5C.

3/ There is no variable compressor speed on the Vapochill LS, so it just run %100 all time, therefore, you cannot adjust the vapo head temp output. A few adjustments can be controlled such as: start temp, shutdown temp, fan speeds.

Hope that help.

thanks bro, great reply :D