Case Fans

xathras

:withstupid: Hi guys, this may sound like a totally lame question to you lot, but which way do you install your case fan how do I know which way is sucking in and which is blowing out, where should I install them.

Case fans dont come with installation instructions, well not the ones I have bought so far, I have 4 all together and I dont even know if they are installed the correct way.

Help please

look carefully around the sides of the fan...there is usually a rotation arrow showing the fan spin, and a flow direction arrow, showing which side is "exhaust".

I mix which placement is intake (the front lower fans), and exhaust (almost always out the back by the CPU. A blowhole fan (top of the case) is best exhausting since hot air rises to it.

another way to tell to position of the fan is the side with the sticker on it is the side,that blows the side with the fan blades is the intake, when your setting up your airflow try and make the intake equal to the exhaust(sp), intake from the front lower and sides exhaust from the back and top.