Sign in to follow this  
frank white

Gaming lcd!?

Looking at the 2005fpw, Im a gamer.. Wondering what you guys think??

i think you should read the rules and make a sig!

I think you should be posting from a base in Iraq, note under my name "deployed" you moron. Now instead of taking the time to post wasting my time you could have answered the damn question, @ss hole.

There are a ton of threads on here about LCD's. Couple of things come into account when your getting an LCD. You need to make sure the respone time is fast enough and I think that 12ms or faster is sufficient enough so that you dont get any ghosting. Also from what Ive heard the Dells are more than enough for gaming. the widescreen is a cool thing to but not many games support it (HL2 does tho). You can always just make it 4:3 ratio again if need be thou.

Samsung Syncmaster 930BF, it's got a 4ms response time and i cannot see any ghosting whatsoever, and the quality of the picture and colours is amazing :)

The Samsung 930bf is slightly faster than the 940b, and they cost roughly the same on Newegg. But if you are looking to save money get the 940b it is 5$ less but also there is a 40$ mail-in rebate if you purchase on newegg.

Guest area51

Hello,

I have friends who game on both the 24' and 21' widescreen dell's...they both love them and have no complaints. I was watching them last night and they are indeed pretty amazing looking!

I have a HYUNDAI L90D+ Silver 19" 8ms LCD Monitor its awsome and actually has samsung guts and a dvi out that samsung dosent offer unless you kick in another $75 bucks. 1 y/o old now and no probs here is a link and a review on it bro good luck and keep up the good work.

http://www.chiefvalue.com/app/productdetai...item=24-179-014

review

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/02/15/8ms_19/

HYUNDAI

Model L90D+

Cabinet Color Silver

Display

Panel A-Si TFT Active Matrix

Screen Size 19"

Display Type SXGA

Maximum Resolution 1280x1024

Recommended Resolution 1280x1024

Viewing Angle 150°(H) / 135°(V)

Pixel Pitch 0.294mm

Display Colours 16.7 Million

Brightness 300 cd/m2

Contrast Ratio 700:1

Response Time 8ms

Horizontal Fresh Rate 31kHz ~ 80 kHz

Vertical Fresh Rate 56 ~ 75 Hz

Connectivity

Input Video Compatibility R.G.B Analog, Digital Signal

D-Sub 1

DVI 1

Power

Power Supply 100 - 240 V AC

Power Consumption 45W(Max)

Convenience

User Controls Analog: Brightness,Contrast, H/V-Position, Clock phase, Color Control, Language, Miscellaneous, Auto color Auto Adjustment, Audio

Digital: Brightness,Contrast, Language, Miscellaneous, AUDIO, INPUT SELECT

Regulatory Approvals cULus, TUV-GS, SEMKO, FCC Class B, CE,EN55022-B, VCCI

Built in TV Tuner No

Built in Speakers Built-in 2x 2w speakers

I think you should be posting from a base in Iraq, note under my name "deployed" you moron. Now instead of taking the time to post wasting my time you could have answered the damn question, @ss hole.

What does your occupation and location have to do with following the rules? Clearly you can still read over there. No need to be rude when asked to follow the rules like everyone else.

hahaha. spoken tru to the mentality of the military. of course since you have internet acess and forum privlages ill assume your a POG.

i have a smansung syncmaster 930B. i use it for gaming . Its a fantastic picture and has no ghosting whatso ever. i thought it was the nicest picture ive ever seen till i was at frys the other day and saw this screen sitting next to it:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16824002122

my jaw hit the floor. i cant describe it in words....i just wouldnt do it any justice. the color was beyond reality. the vibrance was beyond anything ive ever seen in TV/Moniter/Screen/LIFE. i looked at it side by side with my syncmaster and it was head and shoulders. so perfect was this screen, that the wallpaper literaly had a "3-D" look to it. 100 dollars more but worth it in every way.

I heard dell is coming out with a new monitor. It is going to be 30" and have 2560x1600 resolution. You know why I'm happy about it? because it will make the other monitors prices go down:)! And the older ones will probably be improved to support HDCP so they will be compatable with the DRM bs(meaning you will be able to watch DRM protected stuff).

:mad:@DRM

Sign in to follow this