Sign in to follow this  
ashy_larry

Wow Big Problem!

Ok I just installed a 6.70 nForce AMD driver from the nvidia website, after I finished the install and rebooted and the comp reached the desktop it soon went to a blue screen with text on it but it was there only briefly so I couldnt read it. Then it rebooted, and this pattern continues over and over. So when I powered down and turned it back on it couldnt even get to windows desktop it just hung at a black screen and I couldnt reboot.

What went wrong with this driver install, I guess I have to reinstall windows or something right?

if anyone knows what went wrong please tell me so I dont make the mistake again.

ps. thanks alot nvidia (not!)

try safe mode first and the a system restore to before the driver was installed! dont know what may have cause this, did you install just the 1 driver ? not the sound firewall and ide stuff?

If you do a little reading around it appears about 35% of the people swapping to the 6.70 are having just about the same problem. Not all but way the hale too many and I ain't got no need to try the driver to see if I fit in the 35% or 65% section.

RGone...

Yup just hit f8 b4 the operating system loads then restore it til b4 and load back to b4 you installed the drivers. Install the Drivers again but not the active armor firewall thing, i've heard it has gven people alot of problems.

Ok I restored my system settings to yesterday, and right after it rebooted WOW! blue screen and reboot!

something is SERIOUSLY wrong! ahhh this is horrible I hate nvidia wth!!!

what do I do now??!?!? :confused:

I had the same exact problem. I had to screw around with the BIOS settings...make sure FSB ratio and maybe some fo the RAM timings are not set to Auto. When I manually set my processors speed, it booting fine for me...

I had the same exact problem. I had to screw around with the BIOS settings...make sure FSB ratio and maybe some fo the RAM timings are not set to Auto. When I manually set my processors speed, it booting fine for me...

did that problem occur after the driver update? because from what ive seen my bios settings are the same still

Ok well I was able to restore to an even earlier date and fixed the problem...so my question now is what went wrong with that install, did I install something I shouldnt have?

Just un tick the ide driver and sound driver and say no to firewall etc next time, and if you dont need to update ur Mobo NF4 drivers then dont!

i dont think anything went wrong on your end - nothing you could have done to prevent it i suppose. like rgone said - a lot of people are experiencing problems when loading those drivers. How they were ever certified i do not know.... I wouldnt install the latest drivers unless you have to. If the ones that shipped on the cd with your mobo work then no need to upgrade imo :)