Sign in to follow this  
Roca68

CPU OKay for now?

Hi, new here at the forum. There is a lot of good info here.

I am putting together the system in my sig with the exception of the CPU. Will I be okay with the 3000+ for 6 months or will it severly limit my system? I am not really planning on overclocking for now.

Thanks for your help.

This needs to be moved to the Recommendations section. This is only for TECHNICAL support.

Get a better Powersupply that's on the recommended list.

Processor is fine.

How long do you not want to overclock? If you're never going to I'd go with a less finicky board than the DFI. BUT, if you are going to overclock the DFI is well worth it. I have a Winchester 3000+ and when I had water I could get a 800mhz overclock out of it. I had great performance in games etc. It all depends on what your perception is, a 3000+ will do great but you can always spend more and get better performance.

AMD 3000 Venice core is a great processor at it's current price point. They overclock like mad if you get a good core.

They will easily go 2.6 or higher with nominal bumps in the vcore. I agree with Reinvented, I'd recommend an OCZ Powerstream 520w or one of the Fortron Blue Storm models if cost is a consideration. Of course you could also spring for the big dog OCZ 600w sli model :)

Thanks guys for the help. Maybe I should think about overclocking a little.

The board, graphics card and PSU are already ordered, so I guess I will have to work with them the best I can.