Is it possible for fans plugged into motherboard to slow down cpu perf

I noticed that, after installing 3 yate loon fans onto the motherboard headers, the fps in my games were all crappy.. im talking like 10 fps slowdowns in BF2 max at 1280x960. I just now unplugged them and put them on the psu lines and i think my fps is back.. is the fans on the motherboard a possible reason for the slowdown or am i just imagining things?

YES!

Especially if they are high speed fans. The current required to drive the fans has to come from somewhere on the motherboard which means it isn't going to the CPU and RAM when it needs it most.

By moving the fans off of the motherboard you are taking the load and putting it directly on the PSU which is where it belongs.

The motherboard headers are only good for about 25watts.

Ask THunDA about the bad fan that took his rig down.

This is helpful as I have 1 of my 80mm panaflo's running off of the MB and when I first hooked these up I noticed that I was not stable at 2.55 anymore, so I had to drop down to 2.5. I recently up'd my CPU voltage to 1.6v and everything is ok at 2.55 again. Before I was running 1.55v. Needless to say, I will be buying a 3 pin to molex converter tomorrow to run off PSU and not MB.

Here is the fan I'm using, which I bought 2 and I had 1 converter already, so I just used the second 3 pin on the MB for the second: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16835180085

Voltage is analog to the CPU. That's why you can increase voltage and increase the stable clock speed.

but is it possible for the stolen electricity to decrease the performance of the cpu... ive always thought that if a cpu doesnt get enough voltage it would just crash