Sign in to follow this  
DevilDriver

Post your Desktop!

How did you alter your start bar?

Thats easy, you can get the UXTheme patcher or use Style XP. THere are tons of visual styles on the web. And Im sure he's using one.

I prefer the UXTheme ptacher to something like Winblinds as winblinds takes up recources, etc and patching a DLL does not..

Go here for more info http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=140707

www.deviantart.com has loads of Visual Styles.

as do a load more sites..

If you get stuck, PM me or post on here and I'll try to help ya or maybe someone else will beat me to it..

Becuase technically its illegal in the US. I say technically, because you can poke holes in US copyright law. But try telling the RIAA that. They just started another 754 lawsuits against music downloaders http://today.reuters.com/news/NewsArticle....A-PIRACY-DC.XML

My advice.. stay away from any P2P, free music distrobution service if you live in the states and you dont know how to block the bad guys from seeing you... You need a program called peerguardian at the very least running when using these services and thats about as much as I'm gonna say...

allofmp3 is a russian based site where this stuff is as legal as radio. They will not be forced to disclose their users. The police obtaining any information from your computer is useless since it's an illegal search and inadmissable in court.

In any case; if the mighty record companies were to sue me for $400K, I won't care. It's not like I'll ever pay them or anything.

Back to topic, here's mine: BMW K1200S

Yes but to openly share/download files without any protection because you think you are untouchable is just plain... well.... stupid. If you dont pay any fine the RIAA gives you, you will either go to Jail and/or lose your home, etc etc etc..

Seriously guys its not worth it. Just because its in Russia doesnt mean that they cant nab you in the US from using it. Kazaa, Edonkey, Bittorrent dont have central servers but you can still get caught and fined or worse for using them unprotected.. they have an enitre team working working INTERNATIONALLY on this... I know as I have some friends back in the UK who work in the computer crime dept of the UK Police force.. They are in constant connection with the FBI, RIAA, etc etc...

Its your call at the end of the day though.

I wasn't not referring to p2p - which is sharing, but to allofmp3, which is buying. They're really just like radio or napster at 10$/month, only here it's pay as you go.

The laws are slightly different in every country and noone can force them to disclose information because the laws are like this or like that somewhere else. They're not like that there, they don't commit any crimes, so it doesn't matter. And looking through your computer IS an illegal search and inadmissable. p2p is dangerous because it's not an illegal search if you put your files up on the internet. And that goes for any p2p - if they can connect your files under your screenname to you personally, that's when you're screwed.

How did you alter your start bar?

I use windowblinds with the neOS skin from wincustomize.com

I altered the skin to the colors I wanted it to be. only comes in dark blue and black last I looked.

I know some people say windowblinds uses to many resources, but on my computer its only using 1mb of ram, which IMOP is no big deal.

I use windowblinds with the neOS skin from wincustomize.com

I altered the skin to the colors I wanted it to be. only comes in dark blue and black last I looked.

I know some people say windowblinds uses to many resources, but on my computer its only using 1mb of ram, which IMOP is no big deal.

That's cool. I use Litestep. I was just wondering what method you had chosen to alter things. I prefer Litestep since I can use rc files or pre-made themes by other authors. It's been a while since I put forth the effort to make my own theme (lost it when my HDD crashed a couple years ago). The addition of various modules and an integrated winamp module for easy control make it ideal.

Just changed my color theme + wallpaper + winamp color cuz I need a more "chill" atmosphere due to my crazy day.....

desktsept1os.jpg

Sound is refering to his name, also being swift, could be hes a fan, or related, dunno if thats her name or model name. Shes pretty though