Sign in to follow this  
typer77

Boot Logo Display

I put back together my SLI-DR testing with some bh-5/ and 2 opterons.

This time, I took an ATI video card X1300 256mb. On the boot-up logo, the color looks real off and funny than my normal Nvidia card. Is there any way to "fix" the problem? Is this normal?

thanks,

I had the same problem and it was either the monitor power cable, or the card drivers. I would get colorful snow in some places on the screen so I turned off the monitor, unplugged the cable from the monitor and the wall, plugged it back in and it was fine. Then it happened again a few weeks later so I installed new vid drivers set the color to 32bit and it hasn't happened since.

Yep, same here on a DFI Infinity NF4 939 with a Sapphire X1300 Pro 256MB, using both the HD15 and DVI connectors, monitor type CRT or TFT makes no difference.

Its not a corrupted display just the colours are wrong, and not just a bit wrong, its not just a simple red instead of blue problem. The logo appears in a whole spectrum of different colours.

Again is fine on a NVidia 6600GT also 256MB.

No other issues the board is great otherwise! Doesn't really affect anything just looks plain ugly as you boot.

I had a 7800GTX where one of the monitor ports didn't output any green. The other worked fine though, but the card died a few days later, new one's working great! Maybe you should try switching ports

I have 3 X1300/DFI infinity systems. They've been run on 3 different TFT's and 1 CRT all with the same result. Its some kind of DFI or ATI BIOS issue.

Seems like theres an option in the BIOS to turn this logo off anyway, maybe thats the fix.