-12V rail at -9V - system is stable?

Everest reading aside. I echo the post by MattJW. All over these forums you will find the moderators, administrators and fellow forum members stating that DFI offers no support for customers that insist on not using a native 24 pin power supply. We all have good money tied up in our rigs, and then to just plop any old power supply unit in there is just plain crazy. I recommend at least a 480w power supply, with native 24 pin support and at least 28a on the 12v rail. See the comprehensive and well researched power supply guide here in the Street. Pick one of the recommended PSU's found there and put your worries aside.

As always it was fun. Back on topic of PSU's. When I first set up my DFI based rig I had a 600w MGE power supply. It wasn't native 24 pin. So what did I do? I didn't bother with a 20>24 pin adapter, I made my own "native" 24 pin power supply. It worked, but man was I nervous every time I booted my system :sweat:

Spend some quality time with the ATX 12V 2.X spec for the details...

http://www.formfactors.org/developer/specs..._public_br2.pdf

Every compliant ATX 12V 2.X PSU will have the -12V rail. The -5V rail was phased out several revisions back. The last board that used the -5V rail was the MSI with the built in SoundBlaster. There were a lot of disappointed users that got the board then had to buy an older PSU to make it work.

As far as measuring the voltage, you should always use a quality multi-meter for accurate readings. Never rely on the onboard sensor since at the very best you'll only get a close approximation.