Motherboard Dead

TMLAUDIO

Hi Guys, Well its been about a year sice I posted here, I want to again say thanks to everyone for all your help back then. I have just found out that my motherboard is fried. I started getting random black screens and restarts a few months back. Then recently started getting internet exploror shut downs due to Win32. Since the last restart a few days ago not only will it not boot but it wont even post. So I reset the cmos and nothing. So my computer guy has the comp now. My question is.....and please take note of my signature below, I want to change the board, and being that I got stuck with the CO revision of my 3400 when I built it, (Really pissed me off) and also that the memory is not what most are using for this board. Which board should I get now? Or better yet should I upgrade memory, processor & board. As of now I have no desktop comp and I am using my laptop. I am not up on whats happening these days so any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Tracy

Is the board under 3 years old? I think you get a 3 year warranty.

I just ordered one of these boards and if it messed up I think I would still get another one.

If you have the money to upgrade then I would but if your on a budget just get the board replaced if possible and ebay your memory and buy some you want back on ebay for a little extra.

I was in a similar dilema about 754 or 939 but when you try and keep up with the times ya just get plain broke...lol im a couple of years behind but I can take it at my own pace but if I had money to burn I'd get me a whole different rig but I still think I would go DFI and a ridiculosly fast dual core processor but for the price of one of those top Dual Cores you could build 2 nice rigs.

Hi Guys, Well I just sent the board back to DFI and so far they were very helpful with that end, I will have to wait for them to determine that in fact the board is dead and then they will repair it or send a new one. Ok So now....I may want to change a few things before installing the new or repaired board. The memory I have on this board is (Crucial Ballistix 184-Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 x 2) not really the most compatable for overclocking.The processor that I have is the 3400+ CLAWHAMMER CO. revision not good for clocking but a good chip. Please tell what would be the best memory to purchase at this time and the best processor as well. Best meaning for over clocking and stability. Thanks for you help and support.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Tracy Lowery