Sign in to follow this  
Oblivion Nut

PWMIC mod

Ive searched and searched but to no avail,I could not find a picture of somebodys PWMIC mod where they had long screws which connected a 80 mm fan to the motherboard over the PWMIC area.

Im looking for such screws right now and need that picture for referance. Please help me my PWMIC temp is over 70 when playing counter strike. I cant play untill I fix this.

Best way I found was to take 80mm fan and used hot glue gun to attach fan above memory and pwmic blowing on both the good thing is if I want to move it just pop it off peel glue off are remount. And holds the fan just where I want it.

Actually, the most common way to mount a fan over the PWMIC area is if you have a watercooling system. I just did this actually, where I used my waterblook mounting screw and hung it off of there. It's quite nice.

Screw the sensor. Im going after da chip. Thanks for that pic but like I said, anyone seen that picture with the screws that I was talkn about? I don't have a glue gun :(

i know this, but that was the point i was trying to make to Oblivion Nut.

there's no point putting heatsinks on the pwmic chip, just put a fan over the mosfet heatsinks