Sign in to follow this  
Indyxc

Help with OCZ Gold rev 2 PC 4000

nope, don't bother, you will not be able to run 2.5-3-3-7 unless you are prepared to run 200Mhz FSB, anything beyond that will require 3-4-4-7

Raphie, these sticks do not use the same chips as your 2x1024 PC-4000's.

These are 2x512, which are Hynix DT-D5 chips, and mine are running 275mhz 2.5-4-3-7. At no frequency can they run 3-anything-anything-anything, and be stable. At low frequency (200) I can run them at 2-3-3-7, but some reason 3 just don't work (for me).

Yeah, 3 doesn't work for me. Won't even boot .

I've been tweaking it all afternoon. It always crashes around 3.5 hours. 5 times now. The odd thing is I tried different custom tests with different test times, and regardless it crashed 3 hours in.

Why not 2, why not 4? 5?

I'm going to work on better cooling for the chipset and see if that helps. But at this point I've totally run out of ideas.

I'm thinking of trying the 704-BTA (?) bios, which seems to work well for most people.

I always get the unique problems.

Yeah, 3 doesn't work for me. Won't even boot .

I've been tweaking it all afternoon. It always crashes around 3.5 hours. 5 times now. The odd thing is I tried different custom tests with different test times, and regardless it crashed 3 hours in.

Why not 2, why not 4? 5?

I'm going to work on better cooling for the chipset and see if that helps. But at this point I've totally run out of ideas.

I'm thinking of trying the 704-BTA (?) bios, which seems to work well for most people.

I always get the unique problems.

Heh...been following this thread since I'm on the same memory.

Please keep in mind you're asking for a ~37% out of these pieces above their spec. I don't know if you've encountered a problem so much as a natural barrier to your hardware's bleeding edge. Please keep us updated :)