Sign in to follow this  
bmueller

Widescreen LCD monitor for gaming?

I'm looking for a high quality Widescreen monitor for my desktop PC. I really like the looks of the Apple and Dell 20"s+, but they're are a little too big (and too expensive). I'd really like to get a 17" widescreen, with ~1440x900 resolution. It's a shame neither company manufacture's a smaller model. I'd prefer 8ms response time because I do some gaming. I'm looking in the ~$300 range.

I've checked out the Acer AL1913W Black 19" 20ms Wide Screen LCD Monitor,

and the ViewSonic VA1912wb Black 19" 8ms LCD Widescreen Monitor @ Newegg. But they're both pretty fugly, and I don't need bundled speakers (prefer not to have them).

What options do I have?

keep your eyes peeled and you might be able to snag a 20 inch dell for about $350 shipped, they had that deal bout a week ago. I love mine and at $350 (if they offer that again anytime soon) you outta jump on it. I think it's about the perfect size.

What's the response time like on the Dell 2005fpw? Is it okay for gaming?

If I can find that for around $350 I'd probably pick it up right now.

Otherwise, I might just have to let go of my widescreen hopes and go for one of these:

Hyundai - http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16824179014

Samsung - http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?...N82E16824001066

Guest JustinSane

12 ms response on the Dell 2005FPW

I went for the 2005fpw.

Got it from ebay for $390 including shipping (after the $25 coupon). It was a little stretch price-wise but I think it's just what I'm looking for.

appreciate the help

Nice... it's always better to spend a tad more and get what you really want than to compromise and regret it later.

You'll enjoy it

Sign in to follow this