Sign in to follow this  
charlie22911

i need health help.

Personally I think that if you don't get sick much then that might be a bad thing. These days a lot of people are too paranoid about germs and they are constantly washing, with antibacterial soap...

Antibacterial soap all the time just kills a bunch of germs and so your body isn't getting many. Then because your body is hardly having to fight off any germs your immune system is weak and when you do get hit with something nasty you could be in serious trouble because your immune system is so weak.

That's why personally I never wash with antibacterial soap and wash with regular soap just occasionally. And I get somewhat sick quite often, I don't really mind it, it doesn't really affect me much and it's usually over in a few days, and I don't take any cold medicine or anything like that. But I am happy knowing I have a strong immune system. :)

Charlie if i were in your shoes, I would not fool with this, I would see a good physician right away. I am not in any capacity a physician, nor am i giving any advice as such but here is what i found for you:

Symptoms of tonsillitis or strep throat

Sore throat

Fever

Headache

Vomiting

White patches in your throat or on your tonsils

Pain when you swallow

Swollen, red tonsils

Sore glands in your jaw and throat

If I have tonsillitis, will I need a tonsillectomy?

Tonsillectomy is a surgery used to remove tonsils. Most people who have tonsillitis don't need a tonsillectomy. You might need a tonsillectomy if you get severe tonsillitis a lot or if your tonsils are too large and cause problems with your breathing. Your doctor can tell you if a tonsillectomy is needed.

What tests may be used to find the cause of my sore throat?

Your doctor may do a rapid strep test, a throat culture or both. A rapid strep test will give results fast--usually within about 15 minutes. But the test won't tell if your sore throat is caused by a bacterium other than Streptococcus or if it's caused by a virus. A throat culture takes longer--about 24 hours--but it's more accurate. If your doctor thinks you may have mono, he or she will probably do a blood test.

Easing the pain of a sore throat

Take acetaminophen, ibuprofen or naproxen.

Gargle with warm salt water (1 teaspoon of salt per glass of water).

Suck on throat lozenges or hard candy.

Suck on flavored frozen desserts (such as Popsicles).

Use a humidifier in your bedroom or other rooms you spend lots of time in.

Drink lots of liquids.

i rarly wash my hands TBH, only after i use the resteroom, handle a pet or shake someones hand. i have a pretty strong system, im not allergic to poison ivy and never had allergys (execpt for when im around smokers). i went to the docter and apparently i have larengitis, and they drew blood to check for anema (told them about 247 cold handsfeet). they gave me meds but i prolly not goin to take them. im sore in my legs, shoulders and back but thats from 2 hours and 45mins of strenious exercise :). i have gotten mono from a school water fountain but that was treated quite a while back.

CPUz,

the only symptoms i have of the above are Sore throat , Pain when you swallow , Swollen, red tonsils , Sore glands in your jaw and throat and some ear discomfort. my temp was 98 even but its almost always in that area. thats interesting little bit there CPUz. mom had it when she was little but outright refused to go to a docter and her tonsiles eventually "rotted" out.

Baha, I knew it. :) You seem like the type that is obsessive about cleanliness in some ways at least. I'm sorry but washing your hands after you shake someone's hand is ridiculous. I'll eat food that people have touched, I don't care, and I won't wash my hands with antibacterial soap everytime I just shake a person's hand or pet a kitten...