DFI virgin

Guest Vertigo_merged

Guest Vertigo

i've just setup a new system and am very new to DFI boards, just have a few naggin problems but nothing major...

- when i reboot from windows - after windows has shutdown - sometimes the machine just hangs mid way through and the monitor switches off. its only when i reset it manually will it reboot properly.

- when i disconnect all power to the pc, the bio will automatically revert back to default, requiring me to load optimised defaults before i can boot. this happens when all power is disconnected, the bios is retained if the power is connected.

thats its so far, but im sure they aren't the last....

i havent had time to read through all the forums, could be alot of info i missed. the mobo manual isnt exactly the most informative. is there info - detailed descriptions - of what all the functions and settings in the bios?

last question, how do i check info on my hdd - like what speed, bandwidth etc... i have a Sata2 drive WD1600JS(300mb/s, no ncq), i just want to make sure its running correctly.

as far as what BIOS settings mean you can go here: http://www.rojakpot.com/ and check out the BIOS opt guide... or you can use other people's results as a starting point

hd speed can be measured using HDtach... google it, I haven't used that in ages though. HDDs are pretty idiot proof, just set to "auto" and they are usually fine; it's not like you can "overclock" your hdd or anything. ;)

Guest Vertigo
Is the battery in the mobo, if so must have bad battery and you need to replace.

Make sure battery is seated.

i changed the battery with one from a spare board lying around - bios settings are stored properly now - must have been a dodgy battery :confused:

but my system still hangs when booting just after post, or mid way through reboot. it happens 40% of the time when i reboot and is starting to annoy....

sometimes it just sits in a empty prompt or the screen turns off. did i miss something ? i just want it to work........ :(

Are you overclocking at all or running at stock speed settings? Use Angry Games' socket 939 timings template to list all of your memory and HTT related settings and post them here. We can take a look at them and try to make sure that you have stable settings.

Guest Vertigo
Are you overclocking at all or running at stock speed settings? Use Angry Games' socket 939 timings template to list all of your memory and HTT related settings and post them here. We can take a look at them and try to make sure that you have stable settings.

no overclocks on anything. all components are running at stock settings.

Guest Vertigo

heres my timing template. i havent changed anything at all - still very new this board.

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency - 200

LDT/FSB Frequency Ratio - AUTO

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - AUTO

PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - Startup

CPU VID Control - Auto

CPU VID Special Control - Auto

LDT Voltage Control - 1.20v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.50v

DRAM Voltage Control - 2.60v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - Auto

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Auto

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - Auto

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - Auto

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - Auto

Row precharge time (Trp) - Auto

Row Cycle time (Trc) - 07 Busclocks

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - Auto

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - 02 Bus Clocks

Write recovery time (Twr) - 02 Bus Clocks

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - 02 Bus Clocks

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - 03 Bus Clocks

Refresh Period (Tref) - 3120 Cycles

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - Auto

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - Auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - Auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength - Auto

Max Async Latency - Auto

DRAM Response Time - Normal

Read Preamble Time - Auto

IdleCycle Limit - 256 Cycles

Dynamic Counter - Disable

R/W Queue Bypass - 16 x

Bypass Max - 07 x

32 Byte Granularity - Disable(4 Bursts)

the only benchmarks i have ran thus far is memtest - no errors.