Crucial Ballistix Ram reset CMOS voltage.

Hi, I am new here and its my first DFI board, and is pretty excited ot see what these babies can do.

My RAMs are 2.8V by default, and I cannot boot them after I clear the bios. I have to swap out a 2.6V default RAM each time in order to go into the bios to change to 2.8V, and then change back the Ballistix RAMs again. Any way to get round that?

Thanks!

Hello,

This should not be happening.

Have you tried each stick on its own?

The OCZ DDR booster might be the only thing that can help you.

Is the memory new or have you used it before in another pc?

Ever used more than 2.8v on them?

Guest Crusader

Ya might also want to try them in the other memory slots (so depending on which slots your using now switch to yellow or orange for both sticks).

Are these 2x1gig sticks or 2x512mb sticks ?

those are 1gbx2 ballistix.

kiajoon, do you have everythin working under the 4x512 RAM?? if yes then would it be okay to assume that it has to be a ballistix issue and not anything else?

Hi, I am new here and its my first DFI board, and is pretty excited ot see what these babies can do.

My RAMs are 2.8V by default, and I cannot boot them after I clear the bios. I have to swap out a 2.6V default RAM each time in order to go into the bios to change to 2.8V, and then change back the Ballistix RAMs again. Any way to get round that?

Thanks!

They are not 2.8 by default, nor 2.2.2.6 timings, these are just settings that Crucial claim they can do, my ballistix wont run without errors @ 2.8 volts with what ever timings, mine run @ 2.2.2.6 with 2.6 Volts! not sure what you mean above but when you clear Cmos and reload optimized defaults you memory volts should be 2.6 volts by default never mind what memory you put in them, the only thing that would stop you from entering the Bios is if you put memory in with not compatible timings, so in other words if you have put ur ballistix in and set them @ 2.2.2.6 with 2.8 volts saved then exited, then decided to put ur value ram in place of the ballistix without change the timings then you would not be able to reboot the system as value ram tends to start @ 3.3.3.8 timings, volts dont come into it usally 2.6 is good to run most memory!

I got sent the following from Crucial ffor the Ballistix.

Wished I knew what the "?" represented? New to O'cing and AMD

Timings: 3-4-4-8

CPU/FSB fequency ratio: ? x 250MHz = Rated CPU Frequency. ? = Multiplier memory voltage: 2.8v

FSB: 250MHz

LDT/FSB ratio: x 4.0

DRAM Ratio: 1:1

Command Per Clock (CPC) - 2T or Disabled

TCL: 3

TRAS: 4

TRP: 4

TRC: 8

TRRD: 2

TWR: 2

TWTR: 2

TRWT: 3

TREF: Auto

DRAM Response time: Normal

Paul.

I have this exact same problem, I kept getting random computer restarts and memory errors. I upgraded the bios to 6/23-3 and just got the long memory error beep. I then swapped the 2x1024 Ballistix out and installed my 2x256 Corsair Twinx512. Bam! Smooth as silk. Went in and change to 2.8v and shut the comp down, reinstalled the Ballistix. Everthing ran smooth for about 3 days, then same random computer restarts and memory errors when loading games and such... definately never had this kind of trouble with any ram I have ever owned before. The Ballistix are spec'ed at 250MHz and mine dont even run smooth at 200MHz.....