The DFI Street Cafe

red930

I see your coffee and raise you 2 sugars and a tablespoon full of milk.

Bump..

I could use another coffee !

This is what I made myself for dinner last night except I ate 4lbs of it :eek: :

2 lb Unpeeled large fresh shrimp

1 tb Vegetable oil

2 tb Brandy

White wine sauce Hollandaise sauce

------------------------------WHITE WINE SAUCE------------------------------

1/4 c Chopped onion

1/4 c Chopped green pepper

2 Garlic cloves, minced

1 tb Vegetable oil

1 tb Diced pimiento

2 tb Chablis or other dry white

- wine

1 ds Worcestershire Sauce

1 ds Hot sauce

2 tb Sour cream

1 tb Chopped fresh parsley

-----------------------------HOLLANDAISE SAUCE-----------------------------

3 Egg yolks, beaten

1/8 ts Salt

ds Ground white pepper

2 tb Lemon juice

1/2 c Butter or margarine, divided

Shrimp: ~----- Peel and devein shrimp. Cook shrimp in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink. Drain. Reduce heat to low, and add brandy. Ignite with a long match when brandy is heated; stir until flames die down. Add White Wine Sauce and Hollandaise sauce, stirring well. Serve imediately.

White Wine Sauce: ~--------------- Cook first 3 ingredients in hot oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat; stirring constantly, until crisp-tender. Stir in pimiento and next 4 ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in sour cream and parsley. Yield: 1/3 cup

Hollandaise Sauce: ~---------------- Combine egg yolks, salt, and pepper in top of a double boiler; gradually add lemon juice, stirring constantly. Add one-third of butter to egg mixture; cook over hot (not boiling) water, stirring constantly with a wire whisk, until butter melts. Add another one-third of butter, stirring constantly, until butter melts. As sauce thickens, stir in remaining one-third of butter. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Yield: 3/4 cup.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

BSOD

Unexpected Error

Noxious_Fumes_causing_page_fault in module....

JK, but you're gonna be farting like crazy tonight, might want to set up a fan next to your bed, so that you don't pass out, that's a whole lot of beans, bro.

Just consumed a large bowl of beans, macaroni and beef in a black bean sauce on my lunch break here at work.

It hit the spot and makes me want to go home early and take a nap.

• 2 months later...

Pulled beef/pork/chicken with mole sauce.

Majority of ingredients are to taste, so I won't put many specifics on ingredient ammounts.

What you'll need:

Crock pot/Slow cooker

The ammount of meat depends on how many you'll be serving. 1 kilo, Aprox 2.5lbs, will serve about 10 people or enough leftovers to feed 2 for a week or longer (excess portions are easily frozen)

Garlic finely chopped

Onions finely chopped

1 bottle BBQ sauce per 2.5lbs of meat

Cinamon

Crushed chilis or dried chipotle chilis or chipotle chilis in adobo sauce

Dark chocolate with a high cocoa content (50% or higher works best)

Put the meat of choice in the crock pot along with all the other ingredients except for the chocolate. Cook on low 8-10 hrs. If possible turn roast in the sauce so it stays moist every 2-3 hrs, if not no big deal.

For the last hour of cooking add the chocolate. Be sure to use a wisk or a 'stick' blender to make sure the melted chocolate homogenises with the sauce and ingredients. I added about 50g of the dark, high cocoa content, chocolate and everyone that eaten this has raved about the undertones it gives to the dish.

To shred the meat just use 2 forks and pull the meat apart. This won't be even a slight problem as the meat will literally just fall apart. You can portion this up to be easily frozen and rewarmed later.

When serving add some of the sauce to the shredded meat. This is all according to personal taste. If you like it saucy add lots, if you like it dryer add less. This can also depend on what you plan on actually using the shredded meat for. This recipe can be used in so many different things. Burritos, tostadas, sandwiches, omelet filling the list could go on and on.