Sign in to follow this  
Big Fat Duck

Added new fans and stuff then overclocked. cpu mark shows 2000 points

I add these new fans into my case, a new vc-re onto my chipset, reapply thermal paste to gpu. I overclock from stock 2.2 to 2.5 stable (227x11). I run 3dmark and in the details cpu mark shows 2000 points slower.

it was 6175 when i first slapped together my computer and started it.

now its 4274.

i dont understand how this can be possible. Cool n' quiet and all that crap is disabled.

I might consider the fact that i have 2 120mm fans connected to the motherboard headers. Also my ram is running on a 9/10 divider which means its supposed to be 204.3 mhz, but cpuz says its 192.1 mhz

There is a definate problem somewhere. I can do 6200 with my main rig and it's not even close to what you got.. And that's at stock clocks.. I didn't post this to be negative, just wanted you to know there may be a problem.

As msmolt mentioned, remove the mobo fans... (you can leave your box open for the test)

from there as a test, boot to windows and make sure there are no apps running in your background and try again at stock, then OC. If the problem still exists go back to stock and OC slowly bit by bit until you see where the performance starts to decrease. That should at least steer you in the right direction... from there you need to figure out what the bottleneck is.