Sign in to follow this  
Wildstaroct

Should I be disappointed w/ Opty 170 CCBWE 0541?

Just got it today from Monarch, heard these aren't the best clockers in the world, the problem is I have to wait until Xmas to even test it :( Call it future users remorse, was hoping for a better lot like 0530.

boy does that piss me off. spend $400 for a CPU to get the worst stepping. yes, i know, luck of the draw blah blah blah. doesn't make me feel any better. course i won't know until i test it. 22+ days and counting.

Yeah, these dual-core are quite the gamble. Get a $400 and you have a better chance for a good one, but if you don't that's that. If you spend less for 165 the chance for a bad stepping > 50%.

yeah i have recently aquired an Opty 175, CCBWE 0541 initial OC is not looking promising, i set it @ 2.6Ghz and fed it 1.55v and was not even prime stable for a few mins , not tweaked mem timings yet, currently running prime @ 2.54Ghz with 1.488 running through it, I dunno why but in the BIOS i have the Vcore set to 1.525v but it only gives the chip 1.488 according to all the monitoring apps i use including the BIOS, with my old san diego core in the BIOS setting and the actual Vcore were almost spot on what it was set to, but not so with this opty, any ideas guys