Sign in to follow this  
assgoblin

does 7800GTX 512mb fits?

i just read that 7800GTX wont fit in this mobo...cuz of nf4 fan...

is that tru? cuz im getting the card next week..and if it wont fit...ill cry..

Mine fits just fine, though i have the 256mb model. The board just rests on the outside edge of the fan. Thogh once i heard the fan hit. You will find more heat in the chipset since the 7800gtx has a big capacitor thing that has alot of heat coming off it..

ya they fit, blocks:

1.chipset fan(also can't get any tall chipset coolers

2.jumper (adjust beforehand!)

3.SataII (wow dumb)

4.PCI-e X3

5.First PCI slot

{xxx

I have heard of the suspicion that some g-cards might not fit with the fan because it is above ATX Standard but I have never heard of a problem I have a 7800GT and there shouldn't be a problem with any video card I have swapped out old ones and there was no damge present i wouldn't worry about it

-Psorian

My BFG 7800 GTX OC 512 fits fine in the SLI-DR Expert.

Installed in top slot, closest to power supply.

The back of the card does rest on the maglev DFI heatsink fan, but doesn't totally block it and I haven't seen an increase in temp due to install. I ran a week with a 6200 POS that didn't block it at all.

Works really well for me, hope you find the same!

I have been told that two eVGA 512 boards will fit but I looked at my mobo and I can see that one will fit without any problems but two in SLI? I'm not so sure but we will see.....

{xxx

I have heard of the suspicion that some g-cards might not fit with the fan because it is above ATX Standard but I have never heard of a problem I have a 7800GT and there shouldn't be a problem with any video card I have swapped out old ones and there was no damge present i wouldn't worry about it

-Psorian

The chipset fan is actually just below the top level of the slot which is to spec.

Besides a misaligned case, the only time the problem occurs when the card manufacturers don't trim the bottom of their card properly.