5.11 Driver install crash

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the same problem with 5.11, the only way I was able to install those drivers is by disconnecting the ethernet cable from the port. And it installed fine. However, I have experienced dropped conectivity with that driver, so I went back to 5.10.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest electro

Are you using a fresh install of WinXP before SP1 and SP2, or are you using a WinXP installation disc that has SP2 already integrated?

My buddy and I have the same rigs [see sig] only difference is his is a Newcastle 3400 and OCC mem, maybe a diff bios. He can do 511 no prob, I get reboots, no-go @ ethernet install. I went to 510's and no probs. We both have the ATI 850XT Pro PE and he can do latest cats,, I can not.. I am starting to thing PSU or Mobo diffs.

I had a problem initially with 5.11 install, but found that all I had to do was remove the 5.10 completely and reinstall and things went fine.. I like the interface for the firewall better and the app level control as well.. I'll keep it..

Guest electro
My buddy and I have the same rigs [see sig] only difference is his is a Newcastle 3400 and OCC mem, maybe a diff bios. He can do 511 no prob, I get reboots, no-go @ ethernet install. I went to 510's and no probs. We both have the ATI 850XT Pro PE and he can do latest cats,, I can not.. I am starting to thing PSU or Mobo diffs.

what bios are you running, also what board?