Sign in to follow this  
Mysterae

Overclocking The DFI-RDX200

I've had my RDX200 for over a week now, and have been lurking in this forum for a little longer :) . Reading and learning about this motherboard as I go along.

Using the RDX200 has been relatively painless compared to some who have taken it on. I did manage to burn out a floppy drive right out at the start, but I don't know if it was broken before. Managed to boot from DVD and flash to the beta bios (2005/11/02) before I even looked at setting the bios. It's now flashed to the beta 2005/11/23 bios version.

This is the first DFI motherboard I've tried to overclock, here's what I've got so far:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mysterae/pc_s...ock/OC_9444.gif

The above is on stock cooling, but watercooled in a few weeks.

The wierd thing is that it will pass all those benchmarks shown above, but it will freeze on the 3DMark05 demo loop. Not quite stable yet :) .

Does anyone have any pointers on the right way to overclock this board? All help appreciated!

3DMark05 is now 100% stable - placed a 120mm fan at the back of the vid card to help it cool and it's doing the trick. This mobo isn't in a case yet, just sitting on my antistat mat open to the elements.

Have you tried putting your ram on a divider and seeing if it freezes? Not sure if it's worth trying it at 2T either? I'm assuming given that you've even been able to boot up with that memory, and you've been reading this board, that it's in the orange slots?

I had to overvolt my memory by quite a bit on this board just to get it stable, even at it's stock speed.

**edit

ah, you just posted that second one whilst i was typing :P

I did manage to run with a divider (166 5/6) but didn't spend much time doing so. It looked like I was hitting the ceiling on my cpu before the memory got 200Mhz (ish). At the time I was testing that, I was only running the memory at 2.75v (smartgarian said 2.67v) at the time, and the Ballistix stuff needs 2.8v apparently.

You definetly need cooling on the ram when at these speeds and voltages.

oh well, i've been trying do overclock mine as well, but i can't get anything useful :S

i don't know if the problem comes from the memories or the motherboard itself..but just one thing, tccd ships are placed on the orange or yellow slot?

what temps and cpu voltage dod you get when runing 2.5G???

The cpu voltage was 1.5v (cpuid said 1.47v), at a idle temp of 34C, on load 47C, stock amd hsf.

It running at 2.65Ghz at the moment still on air at voltage of 1.6v 36C/48C according to smartguardian. Chipset is always 44 - 48C.

What are you getting with the watercooled cpu? I'm watercooling soon, and would feel more comfortable putting more volts in if it was cooled properly instead of air!