Sign in to follow this  
Pink

Power supply

OCZ 20+4 is OK! It makes the PSU good for 20pin and 24pin motherboards.

The connector is really a 24pin that allows you to take the 4pin part off to clean up the installation. No extra connector hanging off the side.

ok.

so the OCZ600ADJ EU - 600W is enought for a DFI expert and for use in SLI too.

I'm going to find this one so.

thanks a lot all the people who answer me.

have a good and nice night.

yes the 600w model is fine, but the 520w model is better value so if you can find that one buy that instead.

the 520W model support the two graphic card in sli ?

why he is better than the 600W ?

I thought that more Power is better.....

I'm mistaken ?

thanks

not exactly. 12V amp ratings tend to be more importent than wattage ratings now that 80-90% of the load is on that rail(s) (cpu, graphics cards get almost all their power off this rail). The problem is with the dual PSU (assuming it follows ATX spec to the letter), is that there are two 12V rails. One is dedicated to the cpu entirely, and the other runs everything else (graphics cards, components). Theres only 20A max avaliable to either rail (current limited, independent of total 12V capacity of PSU). This results in wasted potential as the current limiter prevents us from drawing more than 20A off 12V1, even if theres say 25A left over once the cpu has taken it's power. The single rail 520w model doesn't have any 20A current limiters, so in most caseswill actually power a bigger system if required! None of this matters for the average user, as 20A is enough even for a heavily overclocked SLI system, however add another 10 hard drives to that and 20A may not be enough. So in short. save your money :) Oh and anandtech have being using the 520w model for SLI/crossfire testing for years :)

ok, i'm trying to traduce....cause my english....is.....hum, hum

you say that on 600, there's two rail.

so the Amp is separate and sometime, there's not enought AMP available for run the system.

on 520, there's only one rail, so all the power go in the system.

that's it ?

I've got only 3 or four hard drive....so it's all right.

i think i've understand.... :)

Since we are on this topic, i would like to share my experience...

I had problems with the enermax 600W noise taker with the Expert board. I then switched to Antec TruPower 2.0 550W and everything was fine.

The Enermax, however, works on my SLI-DR w/out a hitch.