dfi lanpart nf4 sli-dr-3800 x2?

Yes I forgot to mention that the floppy disk does come with this motherboard. Most motherboards don't give you the floppy and expect you to figure this out on your own. HOWEVER, the floppy that came with my DFI NF4 SLI-DR was defective and I had to make a new one for myself. As previously noted, do NOT try to use the latest NForce drivers at the F6 screen. Windows will install fine and then when it goes to reboot after installing it will get stuck in an infinite reboot loop until you manually power down. At least this is what they did for me. It baffled me for hours while I tried to install Windows 10 times until someone suggested I use the ones from the Motherboard CD. Once I copied those to floppy and installed windows everything was fine and then I just installed the latest drivers afterwards. In case your floppy is bad and you need to create a new one, use the files from NF4_DriversNFref_637_w2kIDEWinXP. Copy just the files in that folder to a floppy, dont worry about the raidtool folder that is for when you get into windows only anyway and you will want to use the tool from the newer driver set. Oh, and by the way, once you've got your rig set up with Windows and all your drivers, help me figure out my problem by checking out this thread:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32618

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ofcourse id love to help you out but ofcourse im having trouble :( i havnt made a floppy yet bcus i didnt see your post, but this is how things r going. ive got it all instaled but it wudnt post to start with, i then removed 1 dimm and put it in slot 3 and it posted. ive made my raid up but wen i get to the f6 screen and ive put the floppy in which came with the board i get 4 options, 2 silicon and 2 nvidia, it says both nvidia r required. do i need both? once ive installed both i make my partition and go to install windows only to get a error screen saying it cannot install windows to that space ive chosen. it says this isnt always a error condition. on x86 systems it may b sumin in the bios causing it. i havnt enabled raid in there because wen i did i had like 8 options eg. 1.primary 2. secondary and i wasnt sure which to choose or if i was meant to. plz help, im now unsure if i hav a fault or ive missed sumin. cheers. ill take a look at that link :D

np ill do it asap if i can get mine running first. thanks

edit: i see ill only install the 1 driver at f6

You need to install the 2 nvidia drivers that say (required). Press S, select the first one, then press S again and select the 2nd one then press Enter and continue with your install. You should disable the Sil raid controller in the Genie BIOS section near the bottom, and enable the sata raid under integrated peripherals section. If you connected your drives to SATA1 & 3 as I suggested previously, then you should enable the SATA raid on both of those controllers. Make sure you set up your RAID using the NForce BIOS utility (after posting it should say something like "Press F10 to configure NVRAID" or something similar. As far as your RAM goes, you should set everything in the Genie BIOS DRam setting section to Auto (at least anything that allows you to) and try one stick at a time. In the Genie bios there is also a run memtest option which will automatically boot into memtest. I would do that on each stick of ram make sure they both pass then put them in dual channel and run it again. Any errors means bad ram or bad timings. Unfortunately with this board it might be difficult to get your timings right, though I've tried my OCZ RAM and Corsair XMS and both post and work fine with all auto settings. The only thing I had to change on my OCZ is the Cas latency to 2 because SPD reads 2.5.

damn, i knew there was sumin i was missing. anyways im now using it with sil3114 unfortnutely but ill change to nvidia once i get my new case next wkend, following your advice to the T. i musta missed the part where u said 1&3 for the sata, atm there on 1&2, shud i change it? other than that it worked fine wen i chose the sil option instead of nvidia. atm ive just installed 6.70 nforce with the new gfx card drivers, the dual core driver and a few others. just getting dirext x and ill try that test for u. thanks

thanks adam, 2 questions tho, as this is the first dfi board ive had (usually asus) im not sure what i want. is that the bios version? 623-3? also im not that pc clued up, ive fitted my agp pc before but never a pci-express, ive got the instructions which i think i can follow pretty easy tho. do you have to use this front panel its supplied with? wat exactly does it do? ive also noticed it comes with a part which is usually connected to mboards, does this hav to b fitted, its got like 6 different connections on it. looking at the board im not sure where it fits. ill take the time to read the manual, im just taking a quick look atm. buying a preflashed bios is a bit daunting to me, ive never fitted a bios chip before and dont think i cud handle sumin like that. i also dont hav my dvdrw set up to write atm, so im probaly gunna hav to set up with floppys if they dont hav a windows based update program. so your saying even if it works outta the box i shud update the bios first thing? thanks again adam, i appreciate the help

I thought I was bad lol

damn, i knew there was sumin i was missing. anyways im now using it with sil3114 unfortnutely but ill change to nvidia once i get my new case next wkend, following your advice to the T. i musta missed the part where u said 1&3 for the sata, atm there on 1&2, shud i change it? other than that it worked fine wen i chose the sil option instead of nvidia. atm ive just installed 6.70 nforce with the new gfx card drivers, the dual core driver and a few others. just getting dirext x and ill try that test for u. thanks

The NForce raid controller is SATA1-4 and then Sil is SATA5-8. I don't see how you can have your drives connected to 1&2 and be able to configure them with Sil raid. Anyway thanks for doing that test for me. Glad to hear your rig is running smooth. Like I said previously, you probably wouldn't notice the difference if the drives are on 1&2 or 1&3.

very strange, well im sure there on 1 and 2, but u say 5 and 8 and i was under the impression there was only 4 connections. so mayb im wrong. anyway wen i first connected they were on 3-4 so i changed them to the other 2 sockets. it only sees 1 drive in my computer at the correct size of 138gb. i had a quik go on fear and tbh things are not all gr8, im having a jerking while the game loads intensive parts like i shoot my gun or sumin like that. also ive done a test in 3d mark 2005 and scored 9500, does this sound about right. im thinking the jerking is either the sil or my memory, which ill upgrade very soon. ill hav to look about for a gd bios tweaking guide for this board. thanks for your help adam and all.