Sign in to follow this  
stoned310

dfi lanpart nf4 sli-dr-3800 x2?

this time it worked, strange v strange. anyway, im now exploring the disk, and ive found the silicon image drivers, but you say i shud use nvidias? is that the same procedure to install?

edit: is it the sata drivers or the raid drivers i want, theres 2 different folders on the disk under silicon image, sata and raid. raid5 that is, i believe there the ones ive used before. ofcourse i wont need it if i use the nvidias. nvidias nforce 4 driver is version 637 for w2k.

Yes use the Nvidia SATA controller for your RAID. From what I have seen in other threads, it performs better than the Sil. There are actually 2 Nforce SATA controllers. SATA1-4 are the Nforce. 5-8 are the Sil. SATA 1&2 are on Nforce controller #1 and SATA 3&4 are on Nforce controller #2. My recommendation would be to connect one drive to each controller. It may improve performance, though probably not really much to notice. I have mine connected to 1 & 3. It's also a little bit of added fault tolerance, though not much. With regard to the CD, well, I'm sure they didn't burn these using the highest grade CDs. Sometimes you have to open and close the CD a couple times to get it recognized. Also CD's with labels on them offset the balance and can cause similar symptoms. One thing I would be careful of the identification of the drives during Windows setup. If you have any data on either drive that you want to keep and you are using identical drives, it could be confusing which one is which. For some reason in my BIOS when choosing which drive to boot from, my drive connected to SATA3 is represented as SATA2 and the one connected to SATA1 is represented as SATA4!! So when entering Windows setup, the drives might be in the reverse order you are expecting them to (if you arent using RAID). Just a warning. I find it quite odd indeed that my HD boot order is SATA4 --> SATA2 yet my OS is installed on the drive connected to SATA1 and I have nothing connected to 2 & 4.

dude i know im gonna sound a noob, well i already hav, but i cant find the nvidia sata drivers. i only see a silicon image sata folder and raid. and a nforce driver folder and ntune but no others. ive never used it before, is it installed the same via f6?

I dont have the CD with me. Can you take a screenshot of the windows explorer with all the folders on the CD expanded and I'll try to point you in the right direction. The folder you need might be named something misleading like IDE raid. There should be a file called NVRAID inside. Yes it is the same procedure. F6 during windows setup and then press S when the screen comes up to ask for the floppy. You will need to press S twice because there are 2 drivers you need to add for nforce4.

here ya go m8, damn, heres a pic of the win2k 1, sorry, i think i found the folder, is it the nvuid or watever it was, to make a floppy?

The drivers for yor f6 raid drivers including sata are on the floppy. The drivers on the cd are old you can download the new 6.70 fron Nvidia.com and not have to worry about conflicts. All the drivers you will need for set up are on the floppy.

lol, god i feel a rite twat, excuse the language. ive just realised ive been supplied with a floppy disk containing :

sata raid driver disk

nvidia nf4

silicon image 3114

rev 1.0

so this contains the nvidia drivers? and i just put it in wen i install with f6? cheers for all your help guys, sorry ive kept you so long, i realy appreciate the help

Hay it happens to all of us. Just make sure you have that f6 finger ready and dont go past it. :nod: and remember to pull the floppy out before reboot!