Sign in to follow this  
KroxX

random reboots

Been running it stable for several months now. It's been on pretty much 24/7 the whole time and there have never been any problems. Suddently last week outta nowhere it just rebooted, I didn't really put anything into it until it happened more and more often.

I kept backing down the OC and now I'm all the way down to 200htt and it still reboots. It fails in spi 1m and OCCT torture test stops within a few seconds saying: "CPU not stable!!! bla bla. It generated a computation error.. bla bla"

There doesn't seem to be any specific pattern to the reboots, sometime when I play a game other when it's just running bittorrent.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this suddently happens?

Thanks, KroxX

have you installed any new patches recently?

spyware/antiv probs?

maybe you just finally ran your processor into the ground after OC'ing it for so long ;)

nope, haven't installed anything at all.

never heard anything about the CPU only being able to handle it for a such a short period of time. :/

How much vcore had you been using at what OC,how were temps.

Also I would check PSU see if rails are stable if 12v rail drops below spec's it will crash and I have been seeing problems with the psu in your sig dropping rails.You can also borrow another PSU and see if your problem disapears.

considering a bunch of patches have come out recently, I'd think about installing them... ;)

Anyway, start testing your system, RAM etc and see if you can isolate the cause. You might have just run your CPU into the ground.

Guest Redemption

yea i have had the exact same problem. The DFI NF4 Ultra-d apparently doesnt like working with OCZ mem sticks that i have very well. So after i switched over to RGONE's optimized BIOS settings, which changes the voltages and timings for your RAM, the restarts became less frequent. Usually it would restart due to too much use of the RAM. Defiently try the bios settings. You can probly search for them and find them pretty easily.

Also, check your temps. After a while of OCing, depending on your thermal grease, it can start to break down and become less effective. Re-apply if temps are worse than before.

Allso if you LAN at all with the machine, you might need to do a reseat on the RAM, proc, HDD and all cables.

I've always found that randome reboots are usually heat, OC or RAM related so start there...

I've tried to install the latest chipset drivers and gfx drivers but still the same.

I'm now back to running at my OC settings and here are the temps:

CPU: 25

RAM: 32

CHIPSET: 48

all in celcius.

Computer has been in the same spot all along, no lans or anything. :)

I tried removing 1 stick of ram and the computer gave a repeating ring when I tried to boot, I then tried to move the remaining stick to the other orange slot and it worked fine. (The slot closest to the edge of the MB) I then tried to play a game and it lasted for about 15 minutes before it rebooted which is about the longest time the computer have been running all day..

Switched over to the other stick now and it seems to run alot better, been running the OCCT torture test for more than 15 minutes now and still going strong. :)

Switched over to the other stick now and it seems to run alot better, been running the OCCT torture test for more than 15 minutes now and still going strong. :)

When testing sticks seperatly always clear the cmos in between and then load the same settings for each one.. Always use the same slot for testing each stick seperatly too..

If you find one works and the other doesnt in the same slot with the same settings its prolly a bad stick..