quick question regarding X2 4400+

Hey all, I just popped a X2 4400+ in my NF4 SLI-D, and I checked out the temps and it idles at 30-31C, running at stock voltage (reported as 1.31v in ITE/bios, seems kinda low but its set to auto).

My old venice 1.8ghz @ 2.6ghz (288x9) @ 1.675v used to idle around 27C. Maybe im not taking into consideration there's two cores on this puppy, but it seems like it should of been idling even lower, no?

Im thinking I didn't properly mounted my swiftech waterblock when I installed the 4400+, but I haven't been able to find many idle temps of 4400+'s with watercooling to compare against. I'm thinking I didn't tighten the screws down enough, they're just barely hand-tight right now.

P.S. the venice temps were with the same watercooling setup.

P.S.2 I did search, sorry if I missed any results that quickly answered my question!

Thanks in advance guys

Hi

I am using a 4800+ with a swiftech G4 block, 120.3 rad with 6 *12 cm fans, best I have got is 25 C (stock) but my room is always a bit warm and I did make sure that the screws were tight with a screwdriver but I have read elsewhere that people are doing them up hand tight.

I have not run into problems as yet so ............

Under load (18 h P95) max I have hit is 39 C and that is with 1.475 v with no % increase, hope that helps.

For one I dont think every core is going to read the exact same. There is probably a few degrees of variance between the cores in themselves. I could be wrong though.

Aside from that, If someone keeps there room at 72deg and another at 80 deg, that will have a big effect on the chips. <--- That difference in my house leads to 4-5deg difference in my chip with watercooling.

My 170 runs at 31c / 39c and its about 76F in my room now

My 4400 idles as low as 28c on air, ambient around 22c.

Don't know if this applies to WC setup since I've never done it, but are you sure you didn't get air in the thermal paste? When I first built my system, first time I placed the heatsink on the CPU it came up once before I got it secured. I thought about it and decided to take it back apart, clean everything off and make damn sure once I squished the paste, the heatsink did NOT come up so it couldn't get air. I read that can really mess up cooling...

positive there's no air bubbles, i moved the block back and forth on the chip to ensure there would be none, just as arcticsilver.com recommends

i also fully tightened down the waterblock correctly now, it was a bit loose, but still no difference really.