AMD X2 Overclocking Discussion Thread

tatts

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st post, here it goes

ooztuncer, that setup that you have is exactly what I am looking to build with the exception of the vid card. I am a bit new to OC, but I noticed on the details of your x800 you stated that you unlocked 4 pipes. How did you do this, I have just never heard of it and is it exclusive to ATI or is it done on nVidia as well. I plan on purchasing a eVGA 7800GT, and if I could unlock pipelines and OC GPU it would bring me that much closer to a GTX. I have not noticed this on one of the nVidia forums that I read so I don't know, like I said new to this

Right now I am able to run at 2.6Ghz Prime Stable at 1.5V.....I would like to try and get higher and was wondering if somebody out there could lend me some advice. here is my current genie bios setting:

Genie BIOS Settings:

FSB Bus Frequency - 260

LDT/FSB Frequency Ration - 4x

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 10x

PCI eXpress Frequency - 100Mhz

CPU VID StartUp Value - Auto

CPU VID Control - 1.500v

CPU VID Special Control - Auto

LDT Voltage Control - 1.20v

Chip Set Voltage Control - 1.50v

DRAM Voltage Control - 2.60v

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 200 (DRAM/FSB:1/01)

Command Per Clock (CPC) - Enable

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) - 3.0 Bus Clocks

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) - 04 Bus Clocks

Min RAS# active time (Tras) - 08 Bus Clocks

Row precharge time (Trp) - 04 Bus Clocks

Row Cycle time (Trc) - auto

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) - auto

Row to Row delay (Trrd) - auto

Write recovery time (Twr) - auto

Write to Read delay (Twtr) - auto

Read to Write delay (Trwt) - auto

Refresh Period (Tref) - auto

Write CAS Latency (Twcl) - auto

DRAM Bank Interleave - Enabled

DQS Skew Control - Auto

DQS Skew Value - 0

DRAM Drive Strength - auto

DRAM Data Drive Strength - auto

Max Async Latency - auto

Read Preamble Time - auto

IdleCycle Limit - auto

Dynamic Counter - auto

R/W Queue Bypass - auto

Bypass Max - auto

32 Byte Granularity - auto

If there is something that you see that I should change/try please let me know. I have some great aircooling...right now I am at 24C idle and 37 Load.

1st post, here it goes

ooztuncer, that setup that you have is exactly what I am looking to build with the exception of the vid card. I am a bit new to OC, but I noticed on the details of your x800 you stated that you unlocked 4 pipes. How did you do this, I have just never heard of it and is it exclusive to ATI or is it done on nVidia as well. I plan on purchasing a eVGA 7800GT, and if I could unlock pipelines and OC GPU it would bring me that much closer to a GTX. I have not noticed this on one of the nVidia forums that I read so I don't know, like I said new to this

@gearhead: my vidcard was the limited edition at that time. I am not sure they are still like that. But this is the article that I used. If you check the end of the article and read the forums - it seems that they are not moddable anymore - but do your own research. By the way, I know that people are using different brand's bios for their card, i.e. xfx 7800 gt bios for bfg 7800 gt, or x1900xtx for x1900xt (dunno about success ratio). Reminder: you NEED to create a signature from control panel in order to post in these forums.

@comeupon: great overclock - temps?

• 1 month later...

so....what is too much voltage for these cpus ? If I up my Vcore to a high level and get a good OC and temp, does it wash out the risk due to safe temps ?

I've had my x2 4800 up to 2.9ghz but not stable. 2.8 is stable but i'm running 2.7xx now at a low Vdc. I'm watercooled also.