Sign in to follow this  
BlackEyedBoy

Geil DDR600 2.5-4-4-7

Just found my max on the cpu and now trying to work on the RAM.

I have 4x512 Geil ram but dont know how to get it on DDR600 or even finding the max!

Here are the details of the RAM

GEIL GOS5123200DC

TCCD 3200 1.5-2-2-5 @ DDR400

or

4800 2.5-4-4-7 @ DDR600

I've been reading through the A64OC guide but I still don't understands it!! I fail the mem86 even on HTT240!!! How cana I get my ram to ddr600???

plx guide me!!! thanks!!!

You'll need a cpu with a great memory controller to be able to get 4x512 @ 300Mhz.

I can't talk for the ATI chipset, but on NF4 I couldn't get much over 260MHz when running 4x512 of tccd. That was using two cpu's also, a Venice and a Sempron 939.

I've seen it done though, albeit with a FX-57 and a San Diego.

Yeah you definitely need to set that on 2T. Go to Command per Clock (CPC in the DRAM menu and set it to disable. Then you sould be home free, but I'm not sure if I'd expect much more than 275-280. Also manually set the timings for your ram, at whatever speed it is that you desire.

so should I try with 2x512mb before 4x512???

I'm still abit confuse on how to test out my ram max!! I'm not sure how to overclock it!!!

Ram voltage?? Timming?? they are too much for me!!!lol!!!

Will you guys plx help anf guide me on overclocking this ram plx???? I always crash at the very begining, b4 windows logo appears and cant even do the mem86!! hehe

No, if you intend to run your computer with all 4 sticks, then definitely find your max with a four. Set your voltage to whatever you're willing to, probably no more than 2.8-3.0 volts on that IF you put a fan directly on them. Then do what I said before, set it to 2T and manually set your timings. Then start working up at 5-10mhz intervals and run test 5 on memtest for half an hour to see if its stable. Once you get errors back off until you don't. Once you find your 'max' try to boot into windows at that setting, you might not be able to, so you'll have to back off again. Once in windows run Prime on it for a night until its stable, might have to back off some more.

This is a VERY simplified way of doing it, there a many many settings that could make it more stable that you can play with, but you have to do it yourself.

so should I try with 2x512mb before 4x512???

I'm still abit confuse on how to test out my ram max!! I'm not sure how to overclock it!!!

Ram voltage?? Timming?? they are too much for me!!!lol!!!

Will you guys plx help anf guide me on overclocking this ram plx???? I always crash at the very begining, b4 windows logo appears and cant even do the mem86!! hehe

If you want to do it right, you'll need to check each stick individually to find the max, and put the sticks in order of strength.

ie. the strongest stick in the weakest slot and so on.

Definitely needed for BH-UTT, can't see why it wouldn't apply to TCCD.