Sign in to follow this  
Guest YoMoma_merged

What is a good case to mod?

Guest YoMoma

I plan on building my first computer very soon and want to build a modded case. What is a good case to mod that has a good manual for it. I want to spend anywhere from $100 to $150 for the case... no cheapos. Any Ideas?

I plan on building my first computer very soon and want to build a modded case. What is a good case to mod that has a good manual for it. I want to spend anywhere from $100 to $150 for the case... no cheapos. Any Ideas?

Change your post to show "advice" instead of "recommended" or the mods will delete your thread ;)

Guest Blooz1

It would be helpful if you made a sig with a list of the parts you intend to use in your new rig. (See the link in my sig for details on how to do this...)

Also, what kinds of "mods" are you planning to do? A window? Custom controls/fan controller? Do you want a front door? Watercooling? These are all things that would help us to know what to recommend for you!

Gotta stick with the Lian Li V100, pricey but beautiful!!

(No plasticky flashy crap anywhere on it, I don't recommend this if you're into that kind of thing...)

Guest YoMoma
Also, what kinds of "mods" are you planning to do? A window? Custom controls/fan controller? Do you want a front door? Watercooling? These are all things that would help us to know what to recommend for you!

I will wait a little longer before I make a profile of my concieved rig until I know for sure what I will purchase.

But I will elaborate more I what I do have planned.

Yes, I want a window, left side of case. I plan on adding a ccfl or 2 depending on what is supplied in ambiance lighting with the case. Not sure whether I want UV lighting or ccfl. I like the UV reactive cords they make these days. I would like to add a Rheostat or Sunbeam fan/light controller. BTW, will I be able to install the Reostat back in the bay slightly in case I have a door to close, or would that look like .? Sunbeams are more flat, right? Maybe I can mount that flush. I will have an AMD processer with an SLI mobo running 2 6800`s or 2 7800`s. 1 gig memory. Oh, would 600 watts be good enuf for the psu? No cooling will be installed here. I`m too new of a builder to mess with overclocking yet. WIll have a dvd burner and hopeing to find a large enuf 10,000 rpm harddrive.

And about those stacker cases, they look quite large. Will all the supplied wiring to everything be long enuf for everything?

Sign in to follow this