Sign in to follow this  
fartonmyear

cnet amd vs intel

interesting read. my lowly x2 3800 didnt do too bad, however that didnt take into account how well the x2 3800 overclock...i have mine at 2.6 :nod:

Those top 10 reasons for Intel not participating are really funny.

I like AMD and all and I think that this is a decent idea, but it seems to me to be sort of an under-handed marketing tactic similar to what Intel is famous for. Because they are sort of trying to pressure Intel into it what with the petition and taunting and what-not, just so they can create a win-win situation for themselves. a) they win if Intel doesn't show up because Intel "pussied out" B) they win if Intel does show up becuase they get to watch Intel get beat.

Those are just my thoughts though. :rolleyes:

its a dog eat dog world, sometimes you have to fight when you are backed into a corner like amd. intel is a gimongus company that has used strong arm tactics to try and weed out amd as a competitor. i personaly am impressed by this bold step amd has taken ;).

It's quite a humorous to read. I agree that the top 10 reasons is a little overboard though.

I think Intel should take up the challenge...when they have a product that can compete.

I can't wait for those new 60nm intels to come out, with the shorter pipes and no more netburst architecture. I want to see a really good competition between AMD and Intel, because no matter which of them wins the upcoming battle we as consumers win either way. :cool: