DFI SLI-DR Expert with NV Silencer

lorenzox

Hello everyone,

Does someone know if it is possible to place two graphics cards with NV Silencer on a SLI Expert ?

if yes, is there some place between two cards for cooling them efficiently ?

Someone has pics of such an config ?

Thx in advance.

Regards,

lorenzox

I just installed two of these puppies yesterday, they certainly fit with one inch to spare between the two cards. This was the main reason I bought the Expert as my temps use to reach 85C playing Farcry HL2 Etc, now it never sees 70C and both cards are idling at 43C.

However I was hoping that the new placement of the PCI-E slots will help the chipset to stay cooler but that's not the case , but with the addition of a fan cross blowing (aluminum seen in Pic) between the two cards helped a lot , it went from 55C load to 42-43C Load, it also help the cards stay a couple of degrees cooler cause it blows away that heat generated by the upper card and sucked into the lower card.

DSC00152.JPG

What cpu heat sink ya using because i got the same board but with a x800xt with silencer that has the memory plate on back and that first card looks mighty close if thats a xp90 and i got a si 120 coming

See My sig, TT big typhoon, the biggest they ever come :) and it fits fine with room to spare.

edit:

BTW I kept the back plate/memory cooler of the KO cooler as it is bigger and more efficient, there was no problem at all fitting the two together, the silencer's screws slide right into the holes of the KO back plate, this way the back plate is screwd in rather then have it glued in as in the silencer's memory cooler. :)

here you go this shows the clearance:

DSC00153.JPG

Notice the BT is a little croocket (thermal take built) any way I measured the clearance for you and it's 16mm from the low(left) side , and it's higher from the right side as you se in the pic.