X2 4400+ CPU MAX 2.5GHz???

BlackEyedBoy

I've been able to get my 4400+ to 255x11 for 2.805 @ 1.35 x 104% its 34C idle and 46C load when its dual prime stable at the settings in my Sig for 45+ hrs including playing WC3 at the same time :), If i bump it to 1.375 x 104 I can get 260x11 but core 0 chokes on p95 after about 3 hrs, so its close but I think it may have maxed out w/out better cooling than my TT Big Typhoon. It just doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment in Water or phase at this point at 2.8 seems good enough for 24/7 usage, I haven't fiddled w/ finding my max memory speed yet and have just been using a divider to keep it stock.

Edit: its runs 2.7 w/ Stock volatage

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well, after sevaral months of testing, I have finally managed to oc my 4400+. Doing a dualprime @ the moment on 265x10x5 @ 1.56Vcore. I did have to put my mem on the 9/10 divider.

Found out that my problem was the temp of my PWMIC. Since I build in my wc the airflow around the PWMIC was not good enough. Build in an xtra fan. And now my cpu will oc.

nice - i am going to change my case starting next week

i have all the WC parts ready now - where excatly did you put a extra fan for the PMWIC - i am still a bit confused where that is on the board - :) would you have a pic of where i should put a fan to cool mines also - i plan on trying to go to 2.8 once i get my setup WC'ed -- of if i cant go past whats in my sig - at least it be much cooler at max speed - but i do want to cool the PMWIC also - thats still a bit high right now

and i have alot of fans --

thanks

Seems on 1.56 Vcore FSB 265 is not going to pass prime. Set the HTT back to 4, but no luck. Set the FSB back to 262. Priming for 6 hours now.

And with my mem on 1:1.....

Edit: It just failed prime after 6 hours and 29 minutes.

Need some advice now. Should I up the Vcore (temps are 39-40 during prime) or is my HTT @ 5x the issue?

currently working my way through overclocking procedure and currenly @ 235Mhz passed Dual 32Mb Super PI.

I had to adjust voltage to 1.35V * 110% = giving me about 1.48V.

Still pushing it for more but temps are starting to creep towards 48 on cpu and 63 on PWMIC - more fans needed i think.

Will keep posted about how i get on.

Still Ram to test after this.

i am not sure why you need to raise the VCore that hight to get 2.5 - i am able to get 2.5 stable with 1.4v on my x2 4200 --

my max OC is in my sig with 1.5v -- thats the max stable i was able to get - i try it over once i put in my DD WC parts