X2 4400+ CPU MAX 2.5GHz???

BlackEyedBoy

Oh sugar, I just realize that I've got my water cooling setup wrong, maybe thats the reason my temp are so high!!!! From water tank - pump - Reserator - cpu - gpu - back to tank!! haha..........

so u modded the reserator setup ? ppl advised against using it in tropical weather(like mine .. not sure bout u). I personally like the whole thing .. looks awesome ... start OC .. n let me know how it performs under OC.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my 1M calculation results.I ve noticed that SuperPi utilizes both cores but it doesn't push them to 100% load.

I'm going to shoot for 2750 tonight. I'm stable at 2600 right now, but my SuperPi times are 31 Seconds.

Thanks divinemisfire

I've seen some good 4400 oc's in people's system specs at:

1.3v +113% @ 11 @ 237mhz

1.2v +113% @ 11 @ 240mhz

1.475 @ 11 @ 240mhz

As you can see all of those are below my default 1.5v which is why I initially went with a sub 1.5 default cpuvcore which at first proved successful but very limited at 113.

Others that have ended up with a 10 multiplier had FREQ's of 260-270 and vcores <> 1.475 and 1.525 and since my RAM has relatively low OC headroom, I figured it wouldn't even come close to those mhz's without a huge divider. Besides the tutorial said to stick with the cpu stock 11 mult settings when determining max-cpu-fsb.

Here's the latest going through the max-CPU fsb tutorial process (all with mult at 11).

vCore FREQ Pass/Fail

1.5 213 Fail SuperPI

1.475 213 Pass SuperPI Fail OCCT

1.450 213 Pass SuperPI Fail OCCT

1.425 213 Failed intermitent bios freeze (I'm going in the wrong direction obviously).

1.525 224 2464mhz - This setting passes ALL tests without failure :) and any FREQ higher fails at OCCT 70%.

Of all the 4400 OC'd sys specs out there, I've not seen any higher than this 1.525 CPUvoltage. Should I go higher in an attempt to attain anything close to what other's have gotten at 237-240 at an 11 mult (at sub 1.5v ? ). It just seems that my 4400 should have more mhz headroom to it is all (in the 2600-2640 range) with RAM limitations aside for now.

Would it be at all useful to drop my max-cpu-fsb test multiplier to 10 and shoot for more CPU mhz?

Side note:

Down the road when trying to merge my peak RAM FSB and CPU FSB I might run into divider problems. My bios doesn't have a 9/10 divider....it only has a few settings for RAM fsb 100 1/2, 133 4/6, 166 8/10 & 200 1/1.

Do I need a bios flash with more options or am I limited with this particular Mobo?

Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts you may have.

Thanks divinemisfire

I've seen some good 4400 oc's in people's system specs at:

1.3v +113% @ 11 @ 237mhz

1.2v +113% @ 11 @ 240mhz

1.475 @ 11 @ 240mhz

As you can see all of those are below my default 1.5v which is why I initially went with a sub 1.5 default cpuvcore which at first proved successful but very limited at 113.

Yes .. but those settings are mostly owned by those with watercooling and a very lucky few on air(im definitely not one of them).

Of all the 4400 OC'd sys specs out there, I've not seen any higher than this 1.525 CPUvoltage. Should I go higher in an attempt to attain anything close to what other's have gotten at 237-240 at an 11 mult (at sub 1.5v ? ). It just seems that my 4400 should have more mhz headroom to it is all (in the 2600-2640 range) with RAM limitations aside for now.

Would it be at all useful to drop my max-cpu-fsb test multiplier to 10 and shoot for more CPU mhz?

I believed u'll get more MHz with the 10 Multi .. some others also confirmed this. I cant seem to get to 2.6GHz @ 1.59v (260htt @10 multi and RAM on a 180 divider) due to the high voltage and high temps on my rig. It goes to somewhere in 58C/60C/52C while priming(crazy .. i know, cancel them after 1/2hr). So, last nite i add a small heatsink from the vantec iceberg chipset fan set i had(replacing my shortlived DFI fan) to the PWMIC chip, add another 92mm Zalman blowing at an angle to the PWMIC area and another 120mm Vantec above the xp120-ram area to actively cool my memory and provides more air to my xp-120(suck mode).

With the above, i tried my 2.5ghz settings at a slightly lower voltage(from 1.49v to 1.47v) and it dual prime95 for almost 8+ hours. This looks good i said to myself ... then i upped all the voltage(impatient i am :) ) to 1.56v, ldt @ 1.5v, chipset @ 1.8v and tried 260@ 260httX10 and ram on 180fsb divider(~218Mhz). It failed .. but the temps were acceptable .. from 58c/60c/52c to 52c/47c/49c :nod: (ldt and chipset max!). I dropped them to 258htt and currenly running dual prime while im writing, listening to mp3s and watching the Pats got beaten by the Chiefs on nfl.com through realplayer :) for 3 hours already at the same temps as above. I hope it will passed them. Its not 2.6 .. but i may be able to reach them. Yet still, its 1.56v .. bit high to me. But it gives a good indication(correct me if im wrong .. anybody) that it will be able to get to that speed when i wc my rig .. so its good enuff for me.

Side note:

Down the road when trying to merge my peak RAM FSB and CPU FSB I might run into divider problems. My bios doesn't have a 9/10 divider....it only has a few settings for RAM fsb 100 1/2, 133 4/6, 166 8/10 & 200 1/1.

Do I need a bios flash with more options or am I limited with this particular Mobo?

Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts you may have.

Im using the same bios as u .... wheres ur divider ? .. hehe. Search the forum for more answers to that as i have no idea why its not there. Can u confirm ur bios .. u know where to look for it right ? I use winflash to flash mine last time. Running at different cpu multi gives you extra options at playing/tweaking with your RAM thus reaching higher Mhz.

The only concern i have now is that currently i have a total of 5X120mm fans, 3X 92mm fan and another vantec pci vga fan(the dual uv led ones). I dont know how this will affects my system in the long run(let alone the 1.56v on the cpu!). Sure .. i'll backed down to 2.4GHz or 2.5GHz for my daily use as for right now but that'll waste all these countless hrs of efforts dont u think :)

Good luck !

divinemisfire, thanks for that detailed reply !

Right now I have the divider at 1:2 (ram fsb is only at 100) as recommended in Angry's top CPU FSB how-to doc.

My temps at the stable 1.525v 224x11 were a maxed at a relatively modest 40 C but this is winter and ambient is at 23 C...but in the summer here in the attic it gets a bit hotter so I don't really want to get my CPU temps any warmer....the TT Big T is working wonderfully.

Although stable, I must say during OCCT, my mobo chipset HSF was too hot to touch !! but like i said, it didn't fail....I can't put a better HSF on it because the NV Silencer takes up the whole space above the HSF! I won't worry about it much but it sure seems like an insufficient HSF for the amount of heat generation...hope mine doesn't fail like you said it might.

I'll try the 10 multi when I try to merge my max cpu and ram fsb's. Until then I've got to find out my max RAM fsb.

i got my DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D & AMD64 X2 4400+ to 2.64GHz (240*11 - 37 idle/48 load) after a few days of tweaking and optimizing. i'm using 1gb (2*512mb) OCZ Premier DDR400 memory the Gigabyte G-Power Pro HSF with the fan control on the front of the case. i only notice 2-3 degrees difference on load between running the fan slow & quiet or fast & loud. i'll usually keep the fan down unless doing something cpu intensive (gaming, video processing)

I got my X2-3800 Stable prime/pi , 3dmark and game stable at : 2.6GHz with 1.550V Vcore. Water cooled...idle is 30C ...high load is 40C(both cores at max usage).

FSB 260MHz

MUlti= 10X

Ram is 2GBZX on a 180 divider running at 236MHz with 2.5-3-2-5 1T timings...

has been running for a week now...I can do 2.7GHz but prime95 will fail on core0.

i am very happy so far..my cpu is faster than a X2 4800 =) and I got it for a sweet butt deal at Fry's during thanksgiving! Lets just say I paid $240 for it....

Well if you followed the guide then that'll probably be ytour max. Just make sure you have your memory running on the 1/2 divider. However, those seem very high temps for the voltage you're giving it, are you sure your block is on corectly?

those are about the temps i'm getting on my 4800 x2 just don't oc well i'm at 2.77*12 1.42v dualprime for 10 hours any more volts and i idle at 47c on water got to live with what you got or break it and buy something new :nod:

hmm interesting.

well i just recieved my 2Gb Mushkin XP4000 Redlines last night, wacked em in at default oc of 250x10 1:1 - running sw33t at 2.8v

I really want to push for 2.6 ghz too - but not sure if its just my CPU thats not capable - I can easily run 2500Mhz at 1.41v (set to 1.45v in BIOS) - temps are 32idle 44load - anyone think removing the IHS will make a difference?

Last time I tried - not matter how much more juice I gave, core 0 would bum out of Prime95 at anything above 2.5.

What do you reckon guys? I'm bigtime watercooled with 1/2" piping etc, should i remove teh IHS?

Reason I ask is cus I removed the IHS on my FX-53 not too long ago - managed to get upto 2.6 from 2.5 by doing that - not so sure if it will be as effective on this 4400 though.

any other advice on getting above 2.5 mucho appreciated - thanks.

i always found my x2 4400 liked the x11 multi more than the x10 multi :shrug:

idling at 47C seems far too high for watercooling :eek:

i idle at roughly 30C and fully loaded 42-43C at 2816MHz (11x256) & 1.586v, these are my 24/7 settings as this pc is on constantly, running 2x folding@home consoles

oh my lord!

I love these mushkins! - they're awesome

I took you guys' advice and dropped my voltage to 1.35 + 113% - whereas before I couldnt get above 2.5 - I am now fully stable at 2.6 on both cores! yaaaaaaaay! thanks for the advice guys. - and thats without having toremove the IHS

System is currently running CPU 260x10 @ 1.45v! 34idle/44load

memory is running DDR520 1:1 - 3-3-2-8/1T @ 2.8v - will push for 2.5-3-2-8/1T later tonight.

Awesome :)

zoomee is well appeh!