Sign in to follow this  
honorelsu

Was using data recovery software and my computer crashed.

This happened to me twice anyone share the same problem?

Hey ho,

What software were you using? I use a few different flavours (Ontrack, GetDataBack, Encase!) one thing they share in common is they need two drives, the one to be recovered and a second drive to stream the recovered data to. Btw, that's a sweet system you got.

I'm currently doing data recovery from a corrupted module some dodgy RAM caused me, using file scavenger, it locks up for me on certain files, I guessing ones on the bad sectors on disk.

Superflyguy, I asume youre using a dodgy or work copy of encase?:P That or you're an extra rich bastd!

Ontrack worked best 4 me recently recovering a lost partition. As superflyguy says u need the space the same size as the data 2 be recovered . if u have a lot of data it may help if you defrag the destination drive b4 recovery.

Err, um, yeah it's an (clears throat) evaluation copy. Yep, that's right I'm just, er, evaluating it!! Try Ontrack EasyRecovery or GetDataBack they should cope with the bad sectors without lock ups. Of course you can easily be looking at 24hrs to recover, dependant on the size of disks and if there a Raid set or not.

I was using ontrack. The hitachi drive crashed on me again today as i gave up on recovery. I was writing some data to it and upon the completion of writing data it crashed my system. I am going to call Hitachi on this one. My system only crashes when something is going on with this drive.