Power Blackout In Ne Usa

frictionboy

yeah - we were in upper michiagan and were coming down back to central ohio that day - when we were on the highway you could see tons of cars headed up towards there cottages from detroit - it made traffic easier :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pcy, the way I understood it was we're supposed to hold up on the AC and other higher current things till monday or so. when everything is back online and stabalized. which is probably a good thing since we did go black again for about 20 min this morning AGAIN :(

devil, I work out of the southfield office, tucked way in the back of an industrial complex off southfield road. there are sales, support, programming, and teting offices there. we're the smallest group in total number of employees, but the largest in amount of floor space we take up. something about 4-8 benches and a desk each for the guys I work with.

hey red welcome back. I was wondering how yah were doing. Also dont blame that old lady because the elderly need aircondistioning to live, alot of people die because they dont have it. I should know i work in a nursing home :D and red how many hours in seti did you lose this time hehe.

Hey.... i live down by Monroe.. near the Ohio border.. and we were one of those "isolated pockets still without power!) until early SUNDAY morning!

and then no cable internet until Sunday Afternoon.....

just like you Bigred... had the generator going to keep the Beer and ice cream cool and sat by the pool!

Wasn't so bad....

Very quiet actually

Like exeter said, it was quiet. I can't get over that. New Yorkers are normally in a rush and nasty and stuff (I live less than 20 miles, but it still takes 2 hours to get there...)

But I was watching the NYC news the whole time. Very small amounts of looting, people were helping the cops and directing traffic. I'm just amazed there wasn't a huge panic and we didn't die... :D

it's amazing how well most people behaved. even detroit was well behaved. 17 arrests, when average is over 150 in the same amount of time. no stores stores burned to the ground, no one killed, and hardly any looting... very suprising for detroit