newer NF4 Ultra-d's are harder to modify to unlock SATA II and SLI

The motherboard I got has a few layers of Epoxy on the chipset and it sucks.

Any theories on how to get around this are appreciated.

Thanks.

Wait a minute -- what am I missing here? I don't care about SLI, or I would have bought a SLI MB. On the other hand, I DO care about SATA II. I was under the impression that any of the DFI nF4 ULTRA boards have SATA II. The spec sheet at DFI's website says that the LanParty nF4 UT Ultra-D has SATA II and virtually every online reseller says the same thing. They do not say the same thing about non-Ultra boards. Are all these places just claiming SATA II and then not delivering? If so, I'll turn this board right around and get something else.

Hold the bus mikemcc!

The nF4 Ultra D boards are indeed SATA II enabled out of the box.

The nF4 D boards are SATA.

Just check back to the top of the Modification forum for the two different stickies.

Wait a minute -- what am I missing here? I don't care about SLI, or I would have bought a SLI MB. On the other hand, I DO care about SATA II. I was under the impression that any of the DFI nF4 ULTRA boards have SATA II. The spec sheet at DFI's website says that the LanParty nF4 UT Ultra-D has SATA II and virtually every online reseller says the same thing. They do not say the same thing about non-Ultra boards. Are all these places just claiming SATA II and then not delivering? If so, I'll turn this board right around and get something else.