Sign in to follow this  
Branjo

Is the NF3 really that bad

first off you dont wont to use cool & quite and you wont to turn off thrumal throdling in the bios sorry bout my spelling

yup thermal throttling is off and cool n quiet is disabled. I didnt use the little variable speed control for the zalman just straight onto the motherboard.

I used CPU-Z but it says the HTT is 200FSB is that normal I know something is supposed to be 800Mhz i set the multi to 4x200.

Oh and my chip revision is SH7-CG via CPU-Z but on the chip is says CAA2C which one is the one i should be concerned with?

Guest ninjastyle

Basically, for socket 754, keep the HT as close as possible to 1600, otherwise keep it between a range of 1200 and 1600. See the following examples:

@ 200 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 4x | 200 x 4 = 800 x 2 = 1600

@ 233 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 3x | 233 x 3 = 699 x 2 = 1398

@ 250 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 3x | 250 x 3 = 750 x 2 = 1500

@ 266 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 3x | 266 x 3 = 780 x 2 = 1596

@ 300 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 2.5x | 300 x 2.5 = 750 x 2 = 1500

So you see, HTT x Multi = XXX...

...then times that number by two.

You may be able to go slightly over 1600, so when you hit certain points such as 270 HTT, you should be able to get away with using a 3x HT multi as it's only slightly over.

For socket 939'ers, keep the HT as close to 1000 x 2.

Guest ninjastyle

Basically, for socket 754, keep the HT as close as possible to 1600, otherwise keep it between a range of 1200 and 1600. See the following examples:

@ 200 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 4x | 200 x 4 = 800 x 2 = 1600

@ 233 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 3x | 233 x 3 = 699 x 2 = 1398

@ 250 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 3x | 250 x 3 = 750 x 2 = 1500

@ 266 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 3x | 266 x 3 = 780 x 2 = 1596

@ 300 HTT -- SET LDT/FSB MULTIPLIER TO 2.5x | 300 x 2.5 = 750 x 2 = 1500

So you see, HTT x Multi = XXX...

...then times that number by two.

You may be able to go slightly over 1600, so when you hit certain points such as 270 HTT, you should be able to get away with using a 3x HT multi as it's only slightly over.

For socket 939'ers, keep the HT as close to 1000 x 2.

well so far im lovin my setup. ive got the 2 80gig hd's and the psu in my sig on the way. my next upgrade will be memory and an x850 vc. so far im not having any probs cept the limits of the memory and psu. but i stil got it @2.4ghz and doing the pi test in 37sec not bad from a 1.8ghz cpu. i have no complaints at this time except now and again it tells me i have a usb device that is not reconized and all i have plugged in is my mouse right now and its still working so i dunno.

I'm an absolute lover of these motherboards. They have been the most reliable, solid, well thought out motherboard I have ever used. My uncle runs one with a Clawhammer 3200+ C0 Rock solid, and a third one is going to be delivered wednesday as I'm building my girlfriend a computer for xmas. For S754 the 250Gb is the best on the market hands down. OC'ing or otherwise. My 2 cents.

I'm an absolute lover of these motherboards. They have been the most reliable, solid, well thought out motherboard I have ever used. My uncle runs one with a Clawhammer 3200+ C0 Rock solid, and a third one is going to be delivered wednesday as I'm building my girlfriend a computer for xmas. For S754 the 250Gb is the best on the market hands down. OC'ing or otherwise. My 2 cents.
I am going to end keeping mine for life. Just got done voiding the warranty with some conformal coating and filling the CPU socket with dielectric grease. Results to follow in a couple weeks.

well so far im lovin my setup. ive got the 2 80gig hd's and the psu in my sig on the way. my next upgrade will be memory and an x850 vc. so far im not having any probs cept the limits of the memory and psu. but i stil got it @2.4ghz and doing the pi test in 37sec not bad from a 1.8ghz cpu. i have no complaints at this time except now and again it tells me i have a usb device that is not reconized and all i have plugged in is my mouse right now and its still working so i dunno.
and travis is gonna be back to ANGRY soon with all these over size Sigs :nod: And i ordered my secont 250gb UT for the house today :D