Is the NF3 really that bad

I bought one of these MB's and am using it out of the box with no probs, great for gaming :nod:

Yepp I dont regret it one bit buying the NF3 some teething trouble with drivers n power but all that aside a great CPU combo.

Glad to hear from someone in the ole home city too, Bout yee

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same board and have learnt a lot about its teething problems from hard experience (never mind). But I don't think I'd buy another nF3 board - doesn't the very limited upgrade path concern you people?

Nope not when you look at the problems there having with the nf4s and another 2 or 3 months the 939 will become real cheep when everyone starts upgrading ;)

Upgrade to what? Sure the upgrades for the NF3 and AGP are pretty much over but other than a vid card that is out of my budget I'm not giving up much to anybody with an NF4 and PCI-X. Dual core doesn't interest me as I have a dual Xeon machine. There just isn't anything out there that makes me want to spend any more money. I'll see what Intel, AMD, Nvidia and ATI have to offer around the end of the year.

well i am pleased with my setup (the psu and 2 of the 80g hd's and mem r on the way) i just have samsung mem in it atm and i cut it back to ddr280, cranked the fsb set the htt and its crusin at 2.7ghz right now. does the pi bench in 34s. i have to test it further im just kinda waitin for my new parts and im not havin any issues. my next upgrade will be an x850xl or x850xt vid card. anyways this board is so kick a** man i love it. my bro is real happy now too cuz he just got my dfi nf2 lpa, now he just needs to join this forum lol.

ohh by the way is 1800 htt ok or too much? it seems to be hummin along just peachy!