Please Help A Newbie :( *sniff*

Sabrina

Okies, Hello I am Sabrina and I need help with overclocking my cpu. ;.;

First of all my system

I got an AMD Duron running at 700 mhz clockspeed (Im pretty sure about that) that windows system thingie says it is "AT/AT compatible" whatever tis might be =/

My motherboards name is well fact is I have no clue..

I heard I have to use a pencil on some bridges on the CPU but i did it but in the bios i could not find any new option or so =/

My cooler is cooling up to 2.2 ghz so that is no problem as i wanted to overclock my cpu to 1000 mhz incase it is possible

Please someone help me.. I would be sooo gratefull and happy then

Thank you all and hugs

Sabrina

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you get into your BIOS then if so, change your multiplier and fsb but make sure your ram is good and stable. Also test your temps and make sure they dont go over the maximum die temp or 50oC under heavy load(preferably). Test your machine make sure its stable when you overclock(play a game or run a benchmark loop for about 2hrs or whatever you prefer.

Welcome to the O/C Club Sabrina 8)

Edited by O(V)eGA_l2el)

The bridges you are refering to are the L1 traces on the die and from what I have read is that those only work on the T-Bird and XP chips. As far as overclocking. Get rid of the Duron and go up to an XP they are getting cheap now and open your case to find your mobo's make and model number and contact their website for support. You want to look up what chips your mob will support. Then go from there. Mobo's are gettting cheap also, at least alittle bit anyway, you can get a new mobo and chip for about 150 if you go to the right place. Good luck welcome aboard!

But..I like my Duron..I do not want to buy a new one .. its only 3 years old ^-^

Well anyways in the bios i never found any "multipler" or "fsb" .. I did not find anything

Are you sure that it is not possible for Durons ? =( Please help me ? ^-^

Trying to do the old Duron-pencil trick. This will help you on how to do that. You can still change the fsb (front side bus) in the bios without doing the pencil trick, depending on the mother board you have. Look under "advance" options or "advance chipset" option. You should see something that will say "100MHz" or just "100". Make sure you have the cpu set to "user define" so you can change manually change the fsb. But I think the max you're gonna get out of that duron is 900MHz maybe 950. But it is very important for you to find out the model number for you mother board.

Edited by AMDOCuser

Who made your computer? Companys like DELL, Gateway, HP, Compaq, etc use motherbords that can not be overclocked. This is because they are gready dumb asses that want you to buy more computers from them, when the are outdated.