Windows Xp

Bassdude1000

Do you like the new start bar that shipped with windows xp?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new start bar that shipped with windows xp?

• yes
    • no
    • ok i guess
    • never seen it

i too am one of the few... i really like the new winxp look. i hated it at first, but within a week a grew to like it. now that i have gotten used to the new look, i cannot stand the old look at all. it looks disgusting to me now, and somehow ancient

btw: windows xp is microsoft's first attempt at making their os look more 3D, like Mac and Linux already figured out.

Guest matrax

it should be a short cut thing right? to make it easyer for people but since you can make your own short cuts why would you need it and beside it dosent have the short cuts that i would need, well microsoft did a nice try but the old one was perfect and people got so use to it because windows had the seam one since windows95...............................

at first i didn't like it either i turned everything back to the classic windows look....but i got a theme program so that it's not so "bubbly"...also realized the a abunace of icons obscured my view of jessica so i'm learning to live w/o any icons, all i have is the recycle bin, it's not any faster or slower once i break myself of the habit of going to my desktop for my computer.

the old one worked right? so why try to fix it till it doesn't?

This is the attitude of the maintainance staff where I work. We end up having to work with half-functioning equipment and waiting on them in the shop. "We don't fix what ain't broke."

the old one worked right?  so why try to fix it till it doesn't?

This is the attitude of the maintainance staff where I work. We end up having to work with half-functioning equipment and waiting on them in the shop. "We don't fix what ain't broke."

that does remind me...one could argue that the file manager in windows 3.1 did work then they had to go to add all that stuff like drag and drop which just put more ware on the mouse.

i guess the idea is to improve things, which of couse depends on the user. i find that in general the attitude toward ms is negitive so the changes they made either suck or were copied from someone else. now as true as it might be it tends to get old. maybe we, since we all know ms is evil and the bane of the earth, just assume it and talk about it less?

ok off the soap box, back on topic

its retarded.... personally I dont even use the start menu hardly ever...

I really wish they'd come up w/ alternate window managers that come w/

windows....

like what...doors? or maybe skylights that might be too drastic...wait i can see it now, baywindows 1.0

:P