Cas 2.5

Is anyone else haveign isue getting thier RAM to run @ CAS 2.5? I have Patriot 4800XBL+K (2x512) and Ihave tried everything possible to break 255 1:1 to go any higher I need to set my RAM to CAS 2.5 but for some reason the system will not boot when CAS 2.5 is selected. I have gone as far as to try CAS 2.5 @ 200 HTT to get it to boot and it will not boot there either. I will be contacting Patriot this morning in regards to RMAing my ram if they can not determine if it is the Board or the RAM causeing the isue over the phone. I have been fighting it for over a week and I am fed up. The system will run 25 1:1 @ 2-3-3-6 and is Prime Stabel for over 16 Hours then runnign all the other required benchmarks back to back for the OC Database. It does not matter how low I drop the multi on the chip it just will not play with CAS 2.5 being selected. I have tried every Bios I can find trying to get it to work.

Ok so I tryed using CAS 3 to see if it would get there. CAS 3 hard locks the system when ti is supposed to be booting windows just like CAS 2.5 does. I have spoken with Patriot consering the issue and they are out of ideas.

CPU is king unless you have specific applications that would benefit from memory performing at it's peak. Have you considered using a 183 memory divider, keeping your tight CAS timing of 2 and jacking up your HTT to push your CPU frequency higher? Your overall system performance would be better (memory benchmarks aside).