Sign in to follow this  
tea_cooler

temp sensor

hey guys,

how good is temp sensor on this board ? Mine shows very fluktuative. From 20C suddenly goes to 32C then 39C. I use watercooling and there's no difference temp while using Zalman 7000B Cu ( when system o'clocked or not ). I want go higher than current ( 2.4 ).

Yes, the temps do jump around and it is well-documented in the forums, but a bit tedious to search. I monitor mine with Speedfan, and I trust the high number as being accurate. If you look at the Speedfan charts, you will see a temp around 39C, then downward spikes reading 20C or so. My assumption is the sampling of the sensor is out of synch and picks up a false reading once and a while.

The temp will climb a couple of degrees doing cpu intensive stuff like games or video rendering, but quickly settles back down. The downward spikes continue regardless of the peak cpu temp. The highest I have seen on my system is 45C when the weather was warmer. I'm running stock (gasp!) speeds and the system has been rock solid for three months. Specs in my sig.