DFI Expert CPU temp sensor reporting incorrectly?

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you guys still have high temps :)

My venice 3500+ is reporting 13 degrees, but i think its somewhere near 27 idle.

If someone can give me some upload space i will get the picture here.

MBM5 and bios are giving me same readings.

I upgraded from a Prescott, so the temps did not seem that low to me, but now that I have read through this thread mine are probably too low also. I idle at 32C and load at 34-35C. I find it hard to believe that my watercooling setup keeps the CPU within 3C. However, if I open up the case and touch the waterblock when a game is running, it is not all that hot. Maybe the voltage deivery is just that good (although I doubt it). My 3.2 prescott @ 3.9ghz ran at 33C idle on a Gigabyte board. The temps just do not seem that off. I find the temps of my Mosfet and the dang chipset are too high. The mosfet gets to 51C and the chipset hovers around 49-50C, regardless if I have a fan blowing cool air on it or not. I think maybe all the temps are screwed up on this mobo.

I upgraded from a Prescott, so the temps did not seem that low to me, but now that I have read through this thread mine are probably too low also. I idle at 32C and load at 34-35C. I find it hard to believe that my watercooling setup keeps the CPU within 3C. However, if I open up the case and touch the waterblock when a game is running, it is not all that hot. Maybe the voltage deivery is just that good (although I doubt it). My 3.2 prescott @ 3.9ghz ran at 33C idle on a Gigabyte board. The temps just do not seem that off. I find the temps of my Mosfet and the dang chipset are too high. The mosfet gets to 51C and the chipset hovers around 49-50C, regardless if I have a fan blowing cool air on it or not. I think maybe all the temps are screwed up on this mobo.

touching a waterblock hehehe good one...that won't tell you anything

you can used the formula to check what your thermal resistance is...........that would start making sense for you

also you can stick in a temp probe and check the temps

I can guarantee you 100% that your load temps are too low IF you ambient temp is a reasonable room temp of 20C or so...............unless you're sticking your rad in winter chill

I agree my temps are probably not right. I have my rad setup in such a way that is pulls in fresh air in exhausts it right out of the case.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/bria...ak/100_0838.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/bria...ak/100_0842.jpg

It is just strange that nothing really gets all that hot, even during gaming. The prescott used to put this Opteron to shame in the temp department.